PDA

View Full Version : Counselling tonight - about time!

heavenly
19-08-10, 10:17
Hey guys

Just thought I would say that I have my first counselling session tonight.

I know there are things in my past that I thought I dealt with, laughed it off, didn't want to dwell on them etc etc....but my body finally told me on Friday that 'enough is enough, you need to deal with it!!'. I had a 48 hour panic attack, could hardly sleep, when I usually sleep for Britain, and frightened of my own shadow at the mo. I was put on Diazepam for a couple of days, now on Propanolol, see how that goes.

I know its early days for me and my body, but I cannot function when these things strike at the mo, but with counselling as well, hopefully they will get less in time.

Wish me luck!! xxx

Sparkie
19-08-10, 11:46
Hiya I wish you lots of luck with your counselling I'm sure you will be fine so try not to worry. I recently took the step to be put on the waiting list for counselling too so keep us updated on how you get.

Goooooooood luck.

Sparks.

heavenly
19-08-10, 15:47
Thank you Sparks. I am really looking forward to it actually, no matter how draining it is. Needs to be done!

Lynnann
19-08-10, 20:38
Hi

Hope everything goes well for you :) Good Luck:)

Lynnann:flowers:

heavenly
22-08-10, 21:35
Thanks guys.

It went really well, she is a lovely gentle lady who is going to deal with my anxiety, coping techniques, understanding it, etc etc...and we are also going to delve into my past and just talk and see what crops up.

The Propanolol did nothing at all so have been put on 2.5mg Olanzapine once a day. Its been a life saver, makes me a bit tired, but am on my 3rd day now, where I can sleep and have had no episodes. So, hopefully, combination of meds and counselling to begin with, and then just the counselling, will get me back on the right path and back in control of my life. xxx

heavenly
27-08-10, 12:00
Had my 2nd session yesterday, going really well. She is lovely. She has picked up on a few things and we will delve into them over the coming weeks. I am so glad I decided to do this. xxx