PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss Anyone

mandylou28
19-08-10, 11:56
Hi

Was wondering if anyone has lost weight due to anxiety?? I just never feel hungry and have no appetite whatsoever. I feel constantly ill aches and pains feeling nervy and shaky most of the day, i havent been diagnosed with a certain sort of anxiety disorder by my doc he just says i have anxiety!!

ellie1971
19-08-10, 13:37
yep iive lost 2 stone was a size 14 now a 10, and also hair was falling out,, xx

blueangel
19-08-10, 13:39
I had a long bout of anxiety about 20 years ago and I lost about 4 stone, which I was quite pleased about at the time as it dropped me down to a size 10-12. I did put about half of it back on again though over the next few years. :doh:

baileys
19-08-10, 14:11
I feel constantly ill with lots of aches and pains too. I dont often have much of an appetite, im about a size 6 to 8 now but i can put some weight back on when my appetite returns for a while anyway.

Dahlia
19-08-10, 14:44
I used to be very underweight - when I get panicky and anxious I just can't eat as I feel nauseous. Since I've been on SSRIs, however, I put on a stone which makes me a comfortable weight. I still don't eat when I'm anxious, so it must be a metabolism thing!

Dahlis

PanchoGoz
19-08-10, 14:46
I am underweight - slightly. You are shaky and ill because you are not eating! And your appetite will improve if you stretch your stomach. Try to eat as much as possible however bad your appetite is, even if it makes you feel sick.

mandylou28
19-08-10, 15:24
thanks for the replies guys. I always wanted to lose some wight and now i have im worrying im to thin and people keep telling me to put some back on, then the panicking sets in that maybe something is wrong medically and its not anxiety. Argh what a whole vicious circle eh!

Vixxy
19-08-10, 18:08
I lost a lot of weight when my anxiety got out of control this year. Still underweight, but Ive stopped losing now.

Kerry B
19-08-10, 23:35
Ive lost 3 stone since May this year as never feel hungry anymore i have to force myself to eat

jothenurse
20-08-10, 03:05
I lost 20 pounds. I was down to 93 pounds. I have finally now gained 5 pounds back, but had to go on Ativan to do it. I was always gaggy and had no appetite. Everytime I ate anything I would get tachycardia. I still have some tachycardia, but now at least I can eat at night.