PDA

View Full Version : Armpit tightness and tingling in hand

jp5511lax
19-08-10, 13:25
Hi all, I am young and in good shape yet I have armpit tightness and tingling with numbness in my hand and arm. Is this related to carpal tunnel from my desk job or should I be worried.

THank you,

\

louise123_uk
20-08-10, 12:36
When do you get the tightness/tingling, if its after you've had you arm/hand very still in one position or have been lying on it this is normal. Also, I sometimes feel tingling even when havent had hand in one position for long I tihnk its just you may have been in a positon where the blood is running out of your arm.

With regards to tightness and your office job, i work in an office and when ive been typing in one position for a while I feel very stiff, I sit badly i.e. not good posture and as your supposed to, so sometimes the tightness is bad if Im hunched over and typing and forget how long ive been doing it tightness/tingling can be worse. I think its basically just slight strain and being in one position too long or in an awakward position. At the worst it could be slight RSI but I dont even think its likely to be this.

jp5511lax
26-08-10, 15:57
Thank you Louisse for your response. I appreciate that.