PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really low - constant mouth ulcers

sunflower7
19-08-10, 15:02
I have ME and have been getting heartburn and constant mouth ulcers for a few months now. I am so worried its an auto immune disease causing it as I also have underactive thyroid. My Doctor tested stool sample and blood tests (Thyroid, liver, kidney, sugar and full blood count) and they were all normal. I am so worried I have Lupus and have been achy too with sore back. Feeling really worried and low :weep:

Dahlia
19-08-10, 15:13
Have you been tested for gluten intolerance? I believe Coeliac Disease can cause frequent mouth ulcers. But then again, so can being run down, so maybe a tonic might help?

Dahlia

sunflower7
19-08-10, 15:15
No havent been tested for that as far as I know. Thanks for any help x

sunflower7
19-08-10, 20:23
Can anyone else please offer any advice? Feeling really low :weep:

MoonlightFire
19-08-10, 20:36
I used to get mouth ulcers ALL the time. Stress used to trigger them off for me but since then I have discovered that one of the ingredients in most toothpastes sets them off too! Sodium Lauryl Sulphate triggers them in some people. Now that I use a toothpaste with only natural ingredients I hardly ever get a mouth ulcer...unless I've been under intense stress. Other things that set mine off are eating spicy foods or citrus fruits.

I suggest trying to eat less acidic foods, try something blander for a bit. Also get some wheatgerm from the health food shop and add it to food once a day. Try natural toothpaste and see if that helps.

Remember mouth ulcers are VERY common especially when you are under stress.

Moonlight xx

sunflower7
20-08-10, 13:32
Thanks for your help. I will try different toothpaste. I went to the Doctor today but felt as if I wasted their time :weep:. Hate feeling like this.

Thanks again x