PDA

View Full Version : scared of these symptoms

linda a
20-08-10, 02:59
hi I'm new here and needing help with symptoms for the past 4 weeks iive been having symptoms daily they r feeling liightheaded floaty feeling and shaky and when I try to sleep it feels like my neck and head is shaking I sometimes feel spaced out to these weird head feelings scare me anyone else.I sometimes feel like I'm moving but not.I recently had a baby 8 weeks ago any advise would be great thank you my neck is tense as well

RLR
20-08-10, 03:15
These are very common signs of physical stress. The entire process of pregnancy and childbirth is extremely challenging to the body. Rarely, if ever, do new moms escape without residual symptoms of some type. The sensation of motion is due to a phenomenon called disembarquement syndrome and while traditionally occurring among persons who have been on a boat at sea for extended periods, it can also occur ideopathically as well, meaning that the direct underlying cause is unknown.

It is, however, entirely harmless and constitutes an extended stimulation of the body's sensory network which includes the vestibular system within the inner ear.

The shaking of your head has to do with tension of the large muscle group of the upper back and neck called the trapezius and to a lesser extent, the rhomboid. When these muscles become tensed, they can produce mild low amplitude tremor. Many new moms also unwittingly practice the art of repeatedly lifting and holding their head above the pillow to better hear whether their newborn is in distress. It is also quite true that this period constitutes one of very little quality sleep, which will produce further strain on the body. The derealization is largely due to rapid changes in sleeping patterns and while you may claim to be sleeping, the vigilence of motherhood at this stage is a very natural obstruction to actually gaining restful or quality sleep.

I see nothing of your symptoms that would be cause for concern.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

linda a
20-08-10, 03:28
Ty so much that eases my mind a lot. I do how edver wake up in the morning and ask myself how I feel. I hate this lightheaded feeling so that does go away tho.thank you so much

mandylou28
20-08-10, 11:07
Hi

I was just going to post something very similar, i dont know whats wrong with me although it sounds very similar to what you are saying in your post all the docs say is you have anxiety and send me home, all day i feel light headed and off balance especially when walking or standing especially in a queue if i nip to the shops. as soon as i wake up in the morning i ache everywhere and feel so heavy and weak, then the panic sets in.............surely anxiety cant make me feel like this on a daily basis or can it!!

linda a
20-08-10, 13:29
I was wondering the same thing I've had these symptoms going on 4 weeks when I get up I question mysself how do ii feel and bam its there

BubbleBonce
20-08-10, 13:29
Sadly yes, anxiety can make you feel exactly like that. Why don't doctors offer more advice? It's so lame sending people away by just telling them it's anxiety. Makes me soo mad.

Learn more about anxiety as that can help dissolve the symptoms faster. You need some coping techniques like mindfulness and maybe a councillor/CBT to work out why you are having this and what to do to help. Be firm with your GP that if that's what the problem is then he/she should be offering help.

Best wishes

Bubble

linda a
20-08-10, 13:58
Ty I go to therapy the 1st so I'm hoping that will help does any one everb get a vibration feeling in their whole body even head thee symptom I hate the most is feelimg lightheaded and off balance

LucyR
20-08-10, 14:01
Hi

I was just going to post something very similar, i dont know whats wrong with me although it sounds very similar to what you are saying in your post all the docs say is you have anxiety and send me home, all day i feel light headed and off balance especially when walking or standing especially in a queue if i nip to the shops. as soon as i wake up in the morning i ache everywhere and feel so heavy and weak, then the panic sets in.............surely anxiety cant make me feel like this on a daily basis or can it!!

Hi, Yes I feel exactly the same as you, especially when standing still or in queues, sometimes its just about unbearable, I don't know why it happens with me, but I can't shake it off and I have had it over 20 years.

Zee
20-08-10, 21:30
It was really interesting to read what RLR said about the trapezius muscle and head shaking.. 10 years ago I had this problem.The tension in my back and neck muscles was very bad and I also had lightheadedness and also ears popping, crackling etc... Infact over the years my muscle tension seems to go along with ear probs.
10 years ago after blood tests and physical exam my GP concluded it was that word again "anxiety".

I was NOT anxious until no explanation was given to me or suggestion of what might possibly be causing it... I was given physio for 6 weeks and a few weeks after that the tension was gone, as were all the other symptoms.

A few months ago I strained the muscle in my trapezius and then the shoulder tightened.. I headed for a physio and was told besides tension in the trapezius I also had shoulder impingement.. I then went to the GP who said we all ache at times in weather conditions and maybe hormonal changes. He concluded again that i had "anxiety"..:huh:

How did he reach this conclusion ? because he looked at my record from the last visit 10 years previously when I had similar symptoms.:doh:

linda a
20-08-10, 21:42
I just want this weird light headed feeling to go away any advice

daybyday
20-08-10, 22:04
I'm glad RLR is responding on this site of some symptoms we have with anxiety/stress.
I have the unsteadiness also, though yesterday it was gone until I started thinking about it, got stressed over something and it came back.

kay1986
20-08-10, 23:37
HI LINDA, hope you are feeling a little better!!!, i also suffer with the lightheaded felling regularly and also wake up questioning myself in the morning!!, just wondering do you get tensiopn in your neck and pain in your head????, i have an 8 month old baby and my symptoms started the week she was born so am hoping it will all settle with time!!!

linda a
20-08-10, 23:41
Yea I do wake up in the mornings wondering how I feel to today I feel kinda lightheaded and funny when I look around. What head problem yea I have them to like ur head is shaking or vibrating

kay1986
20-08-10, 23:49
i get shouting pains in my head and sore patches of skin on my head and various other places on my body, i also get aloy of aching in my arms and legs!!!, i find if i got nothing planned for the day and i have to much time to think then i feel worse and this lightheaded feeling generally lasts all day if i get it!!!, what about you???

kay1986
20-08-10, 23:54
thats ment to be shooting pains lol

linda a
21-08-10, 00:02
Yea it usal last allday sometimes I can distract5t myself and it eases but I'm having a hard time yea my head does that to my neck and shoulders sre tednse I feel sick to my stomach.when I look around I feel funny what bout u and nervous. I went to ent dr he said my ears were fine but I do have sinus problems idk if sinus can make u feel lightheaded do u.my reg dr said its all anxiety but how do we get rid of the symptoms what meds r u taking

kay1986
21-08-10, 00:16
yeah i get nervious and have floaters, i feel as if im not here half the time!!, think sinus probs can make you feel lightheaded!, keep asking myself why i feel like this but come to no conclusions. im on citalapram, what about you???

linda a
21-08-10, 00:30
I think the more we think about it the more we fedel it I'm taking xanax have u found anything to help with the symptoms