PDA

View Full Version : Off meds for 1st time in 7 years....but....

Heaven_Scent
20-08-10, 13:42
Ive been off sertraline now for a few months now but startin to worry that my depression/anxiety is coming back. Got a lot on work wise at the moment and stressin about money. Not sleeping properly again and im rumminating something terrible. Dont want to go back on to meds full time but was thinkin diazepam may help in the short term. Ive had temazapam in the past for sleeping but found it didnt help. Any tips?

Heaven_Scent
20-08-10, 14:10
Anyone?

BubbleBonce
20-08-10, 14:52
if you want an alternative to meds then you need to work hard at regular`exercise, good diet low in sugars, no caffeine or alcohol and keep busy with 'good' things that you enjoy. Why did you stop meds?

Heaven_Scent
20-08-10, 15:27
I have cut alcohol down to once every few weeks which is brill for me, havent been to the gym in a couple of weeks due to a sinus infection so need to find the motivation to start again. Came off meds because they werent working and plus being on them for so long i wanted to see what i was like with out them. Was on citalopram for about 5 years before the sertraline so just needed a break. Just havin a bit of a wobble this week i think, could do with something to take the edge off as iv got loads of uni work to do and cant seem to concentrate to do it.

mandie
20-08-10, 16:36
Hi

I came of sertraline about 4 months ago and i was fine for the first 2 months but then my anx and panic has slowly been creeping back. I dont have an extra stress going on, in fact a few big issues have been sorted out so i cant understand why iv taken a step back

The meds just werent working for me anymore either.

I dont think the diazepam is the answer for you though. Well i personally wouldnt take it

mandie x

Heaven_Scent
20-08-10, 16:43
I really dont want to go back on the sertraline, didnt do me any good at all. Just cant hack feeling like this. Just dont know what to do. I know exercise etc will all help but just feel stuck at the moment. Would you go back on the meds? How long were you on them?Xx

mandie
20-08-10, 20:30
I really dont want to go back on the sertraline, didnt do me any good at all. Just cant hack feeling like this. Just dont know what to do. I know exercise etc will all help but just feel stuck at the moment. Would you go back on the meds? How long were you on them?Xx

This is exactly how i feel at moment too. I dont want to go back on the sertaline either, i dont think they ever did anything for me. I was on them for 2 years and before that citalopram for 3 years on and off.

Im scared to take any meds for the anx as im worried about the side effects i mite get. silly really i know because i cant feel worse than i already do.

Iv been having cbt but that doesnt seem to be helping either. I feel a lost cause at the moment.

xx

Heaven_Scent
21-08-10, 09:28
You have my sympathy hun. Know exactly how you feel. Ive had cbt in the passed and it kinda worked at the time but i think most of that was due to the fact that i was havin sessions every week and find its the talkin that helps. Bein on here helps knowin your not the only one.Xx