PDA

View Full Version : Phased Returns to work

PPJAYE
20-08-10, 15:00
Hi Folks

Just wandered if anyone had been signed off work with anxiety/depression and returned to work on a phased basis. Basically I was off for 5 weeks in total and my GP recomended a phased return to work so I arranged this with my employer and handed in my sick note upon which the GP had ticked the box which recomends a phased return. I have had my payslip today and I have not been paid for the days off I took on the two weeks I worked 3 days as opposed to 5. To be honest my phased return should of took place over a longer period than 2 weeks but I was consious of having been off for 5 weeks (not by choice I might add as this was the worst I have ever felt in my life during this period!). My question is can they do this ? Surely if a Doctor has stated you are fit for work but not on a full time basis the days you are off you are still sick ? Im really angry as they didnt speak to me about this, just gave me my payslip, said nothing and it is over £ 200 down !!

Appreciate any advice

Px

PPJAYE
20-08-10, 16:05
anybody ?

pooh
20-08-10, 17:37
yes what they are doing is legal acas are a good source of info on this subject

nomorepanic
20-08-10, 17:52
It depends if your company pays you sick pay or not. A lot don't nowadays. You need to read your contract and it will tell you or contact your HR department and they will tell you.