PDA

View Full Version : Lost my way in life..

Desprate Dan
20-08-10, 17:23
I really don't know were i belong in this life, i feel as though i have lost my way and not sure if i even fit in..

I know a lot of the trouble is that i am a deep thinker, i ask myself so many questions..

What is the real purpose in life, i started to think it must be love, we all do things because we want to be loved or because we are in love, like getting up on a morning going to work, love gives us a purpose to live, without that what do we have???? I really wish i had a purpose to live as i feel i am just belonging on this earth but not living.. Yes i go to work but i have no purpose to go apart from paying the bills and putting food in my belly and keeping a roof over my head, but all that alone is not a good enough reason, i truely believe i need love..... I need to be loved and i need to give love because without it i am just empty, just a shell walking through this lonely place we call earth..

Many times i have thought about giving in, i have no reason to carry on without a purpose life seem's so pointless..

If you really love someone then you have a reason to live, but how would you cope if that person hurt, left, or died you would be left with a great big empty space in your live and no purpose to life.. Things which come so natural to others i find so difficult, i just dont know were all this is going to end i feel so anxious so confused, why dont i feel love, why does no one love me, have i trained myself to avoid love because i know i couldnt cope if i lost love, but one thing i know for sure is i am not a happy chappy the way things are right now...

Am i alone in feeling like this? i have spoken to my doctor but i feel he cant answer the questions i ask, its like life is one big game and people go through it playing and fitting into society, because society has shaped us, but i dig a little deeper and find everyones just trying to fit in, but why?? Life is so difficult and i am desperate to find a purpose...

Please tell me i am not alone, will i ever find my purpose??

Dan

gypsywomen
20-08-10, 17:43
your not alone millions of people go through life looking for the thing to make them happy ,, arnt there people at work you could go out with ,, the best places to meet someone is an airport ,, or libery ,,silly but true ,, you have to think postive ,, and be glad for the good days

BubbleBonce
20-08-10, 18:34
Hi Dan,

You sound so much like me - sadly. I am divorced and live alone, my kida are grown and at Uni most of the year and likely won't be home to live for any length of time. I've had many friends over the years and let them go because of depression/anxiety so no one now really. I love my work but it's not enough. Sound similar?
I saw a private doc recently and he said not to look at depression as a set of symptoms or reasons why you are depressed - divorce, moving home, lonely etc but what get's you out of bed every day. I know I don't have much to do that.

I have been referred to the IAPT scheme and in my first session had to write a list of things I have to do such as pay bills, housework etc and also find a volunteer job. I may have found that job today at a local garden.

How about volunteering in something you would enjoy where you might meet other people?

Believe me you're not alone.

Bubble

GlasgowGuy
20-08-10, 18:38
I'm in same situation. Felt i fled from friends as anxiety and depression got worse. I'm 36 and started going back to Church a few years ago for first time as a child. My faith helps a lot. As someone else said perhaps if you can manage looking for a voluntary job.

Good luck