PDA

View Full Version : my poor little dog

sb001f8994
20-08-10, 19:42
Im really unhappy. My little Jake has just had eye surgery to graft some white of his eye onto an infected cornea. Since coming home he's just laid there whimpering and is not happy with me. Is this normal, to be laying there I mean? I dont want to trouble the vet but surely they wouldnt have let him come home if he wasn't well enough?
Please some advice, I feel so useless.
Thanks,

shaka
20-08-10, 20:56
im sure little jake will be fine he will be back to his happy self in a few days he's just feeling a little sorry for his self and why not No the vet would not have sent him home.:hugs: :hugs:hugs to you and jake try not to worry

jaded jean
20-08-10, 21:05
Oh bless you and little Jake.
I agree with Shaka give him a day or so and he should come round to being his old self hun,
Best wishes for you both
:hugs::hugs:Jean

sb001f8994
20-08-10, 21:20
Thanks for your replies. Ive just phoned the vet and she asked loads of stuff and said if I was worried to take him back. He's just had some dinner!!!
Thank you very much xxx

Bluebelle
22-08-10, 04:17
I hope your little guy is doing better.

Sometimes it takes a bit of to get back to themselves- I think you did the right thing and phoned the vet.

I hope you're feeling better about everything- it is so hard when our beloved little critters are ailing.

I just went through a rough patch with my little dog and it is hard .

Take Care

eeyorelover
22-08-10, 05:27
Aww Carol,
I'm sorry your dog is feeling poorly and hope that he will make a speedy recovery!
(((HUGS))) for you and for him :)
xxx
Sandy

diane07
22-08-10, 09:24
Carol,

I hope Jake is feeling a bit better today.

Thinking of you both.

di xx

nixi
22-08-10, 11:15
Hi I just wanted to say my dog had an op a couple months ago and he came back in a similar state to Jake, we were really worried about him as he has had an op before and did not come back in that state.
It lasted a couple days but once he started eating on the day after he started to slowly perk up, i think sometimes they are just knocked off balance by anaesthetic.
Hope he is lots better today
xx

sb001f8994
23-08-10, 12:00
Hi,
Thank you for your replies, its such a comfort knowing you are all here.
Jakes had a good weekend, being a naughty boy again! We spent the day in the garden and even with the lampshade round his neck he managed to pick up his toys. His worse prob at the mooment is trying to scratch and clean his bits! He's back at the vet this aft, so fingers crossed. My main concern is that the graft op hasnt worked and he will lose his eye.