PDA

View Full Version : Panic coming back

Roadtorecovery
20-08-10, 21:26
Hi

After 5 months on citlopram and a well needed week in the sun, my panic symptoms regards health were at a all time low. I had been so happy

The holiday gave me a relieve from stress and I was able to even have a hangover without the usual comedown and panic!

I know I have abused this relief from panic by falling back Towards my old lifestyle of late nights and drinking, poor diet, little exercise, chain smoking, etc etc!

Over the last week or so, I've been falling back in the anxiety trap

Symptoms- muscle twitches, pain behind my eye which is infrequent and only last a couple of seconds, painful toe which feels like it is curled, tremors and weakness of legs when standing still

I'm letting these symptoms worry mr, I'm back on the net, looking up the causes or possible causes, and relying more on alchol!

I want to try to stop before I get worse, I've got the v festival tommorow, so looking forward to it but I know I'm gonna over do it! I can't seem to control myself?

Any ideas guys?

lpool
20-08-10, 21:56
Start thinking "healthy again" - brisk walk 30min 4 times a week, eat 5 fruit/veg a day, drink lots of water and listen to music that makes you "switch off and relax"

Maj
21-08-10, 08:49
I agree. I think when you treat your body like rubbish then you feel rubbish. I know I do anyway. I think when you try and eat well and take exercise, e.g. a long walk, then you automatically feel better. I'm not saying you instantly feel 100% anxiety free, but you definitely feel much less anxious. But everything in moderation is the key because who wants to live without nice food, wine, etc.!! (defo not me:winks:)

Roadtorecovery
21-08-10, 10:34
I did my first walk for a couple if weeks last night, only a half hour but I know it helps me. As soon as I start to feel better I seem to let myself go again, it can be hard to stay motivated for mr especially with anxiety!

Kerry B
21-08-10, 11:43
You say you feel anxious but at least you are still getting on with your life I know the way I am feeling I couldn't poosible go to V Festival, a few years back I used to go to Glastonbury every year, but there no way I could even Imagine my self going at this particular time in my life, so at least your are carring on enjoying yourself.

Roadtorecovery
22-08-10, 00:11
I have not had an issue with social activities at all except I get panic attacks when I'm out then look stuff up on my I phone! Some being in closed places like on a packed train sets me off, tried to be quiet sensible today so hopefully won't b to bad tommorow!

When I try to forget about stuff or have, I'll get a twitch and it sets it all back off!