PDA

View Full Version : did i do the right thing

concerned_friend
20-08-10, 21:32
hi, i recently texted a friend who suffers from panic attacks telling her about this site cause i thought she might find it useful and help her find some good information out but she replied saying she just wants to be left alone etc and she's sick of people trying to give advice, she no longer wants to know me, did i do the right thing telling her about it or have i made things worse? i only texted her cause i love and care for her,

Baggs
20-08-10, 22:05
You did what you thought was best, so yes you did the right thing. Baggs.

shinderuko
20-08-10, 22:17
Wow, that seems a slightly odd reaction. You did the right thing, she just reacted in a strange way.

calm
20-08-10, 22:24
your friend must be in a very bad place at the moment....be gentle with her she does not mean wot she said i am sure.
leave her be for a short while and then maybe send her a text saying "thinking of you".....its not you....you were being a true friend xxxx

i was recommended this site my best friends sister....and i bless her every morning for pointing me here and out of it we have become the best of friends also which is so so wonderful xxxxx

you did the right thing xxxxx love tracey xxxxx

jill
20-08-10, 22:30
Hi hun :D:hugs:

In answer to your question, YOU DID the right thing, of course you did, you where trying to help, which a good friend would :hugs:

PLEASE hun :hugs:DON'T take what your friend said to harshly, from what you have written and what I know about panic, anxiety, it can effect us all differently, she seems like she is in a very sensitive mode at the mo, panic, anxiety can have you feeling this way, angry, hurt, sad, frightend, fed up, sick to death of other people, just wanting it all to stop and go away.

YOU HUN, :hugs: was just being a friend and trying to help and that is sooo nice of you :hugs:

YOU HAVE NOT made things worse hun, NOT AT ALL. Remember hunny, anxiety people can be very sensitive, BUT YOU have done nothing wrong.

She just wants to be left alone, FOR NOW, maybe in time, you could just text her and say, hear if you need to chat...

YOU ARE a good friend to her hun, if you are close, she will know this when her thoughts become a bit more rational, sometimes when you suffer with panic, anxiety you just need a break from talking about it from time to time, I feel you just cought her in an off moment.

YOU take care

LOVE JILL XX

mcclan
20-08-10, 22:47
my doctor gave me this site and the first time i came on. i wasent sure if it was good for me but seem to be getting used to it now. and there is people here who will listen to her problems and try there best to steer her in the right directions for help good luck with your friend and hope it works out for yas regards dave :hugs:

verity
21-08-10, 19:19
I tried to give a friend of mine (who sometimes actualy uses this site) some advice about getting therapy and now im practically being ignored..

I know when you are full of anxiety relating to others is difficult but it still hurts when a friend pushes you away like that..I suffer with anxiety so its not like I don't understand the condition.

Im starting to think I won't bother trying to care cos I just got hurt in the end. :unsure:

concerned_friend
21-08-10, 19:39
cheers to everyone who took the time to reply i really appreciate it, i'm sure now i done the right thing and one day i'll get my friend back, only time will tell, cheers again

Anxious_gal
21-08-10, 22:40
I think your friend is feeling a bit depressed. she probably feels everyone is giving her advice ye no one truly understands how she is feeling.

text her back and tell her you gave her the link because you care and thought it might help her. let her know that you'll still be there for her.

from what you said , how your friend replyed is out of character for her.
try and give her some space. sometimes when people are dealing with stress they can shut down and pull away from everyone.

GlasgowGuy
22-08-10, 13:12
You 100% did the right thing. I'm fairly certain your friends reaction is just a symptom of the illness. Thumbs up to you for caring. That's what friends and family are for.

Vixxy
22-08-10, 18:52
Just send her another text saying that youre here for whenever she needs you to be and that you wont mention it again. That way she knows she can come to you if she needs to.
Shes very lucky to have a friend that cares so much.

Baggie
23-08-10, 11:34
You are a very kind and caring friend who was trying to help, so yes, you 100% did the right thing.

If I had a friend who'd shown as much thought as you, I'd be counting my blessings. Hopefully with a bit of time, your friend will find herself in a better place.

Take care. xx

KevsHoping
30-08-10, 14:26
Dear ConcernedFriend

I agree with everyone else here - you did the right thing love.

I know with myself, had a friend sent me such a message AT THE WRONG TIME I could have become quite aggressive with my thoughts and actions.

E.g. if I got the text at one of my worst points then you may have received a reply like "Great - another person sticking their oar in - What did you Google to find this site 'coping with a bloody mad mate'"

Soz to be so frighteningly frank but I am sure others can relate to ups and downs? Sometimes my partner can say the simplest of things and I really bite if I am feeling particularly down.

You did the right thing and I am sure your friend will come back to you. :hugs:

I wish a friend had told me about this site before I found it last week!

Kev xx