PDA

View Full Version : what would be the best thing to do?

randomworry
20-08-10, 23:25
hi guys

i ask this because i have already caused myself loads of stress and really do refuse to make my anxiety any worse.............ive made it ten times worse by googling etc!

while googling i found out my enlarged thyroid gland with nodules puts me at greater risk of cancer than i thought (latest research!) not surprisingly i have been freeeeaaaking out for weeks!

is it best to mention this to my endocrinologist and ask her what she thinks or try and just forget about it!??

thanx guys i really appreciate any advice

Rob83
20-08-10, 23:56
In this day and age scientists are always saying certain things put you at risk of cancer etc. Best thing to do is take it all with a pinch of salt, seriously if you believed everything you google you'd never do anything ever again. Mainly its all a load of rubbish. If you are going to get cancer your going to get it, its not to worry about day to day it is just one of those things, they say 1 in 3 get it, thats forgetting 2 in 3 dont. Thats not bad odds really.

sweet juicy
21-08-10, 03:10
Maybe you can have a short trip to drive away your cares!

countrygirl
21-08-10, 13:28
I would tell your endo that you have read this info and ask what they think of it- then they have the chance to discuss it in more detail and hopefully put your mind at rest. If you don't ask you will forever be wondering if you should have:shrug:

Cell block H fan
21-08-10, 21:08
In this day and age scientists are always saying certain things put you at risk of cancer etc. Best thing to do is take it all with a pinch of salt, seriously if you believed everything you google you'd never do anything ever again. Mainly its all a load of rubbish. If you are going to get cancer your going to get it, its not to worry about day to day it is just one of those things, they say 1 in 3 get it, thats forgetting 2 in 3 dont. Thats not bad odds really.

^
fabulous post

KK77
22-08-10, 12:34

Cheered me up seeing some real positivity on here! Well done Rob :D

PS Can I have a cig now? :roflmao:

ladybird64
22-08-10, 12:38
No you damn well can't..put that fag packet down immediately or else!
http://digilander.libero.it/faccinewub/w/11/toh.gif

Give people a positive post and they take it to extremes...:winks:

KK77
22-08-10, 12:41
Too late ... Mal smoked it already :noangel:

ladybird64
22-08-10, 12:44
Pfffft-:lac: