PDA

View Full Version : Unusual breathing - due to being inactive??

greenday1997
21-08-10, 03:21
Hi there I was wondering if anyone else had the same symptoms I'm having.

It started a few months ago it seems like I have difficulty breathing alot which isn't the usual quick shallow breathing I would normally get with panic attacks it's more slow and laboured almost and feels like weaker breaths than normal. it also feels like sometimes I have a chest infection but I've been checked and don't plus it's been goin on months now feels like I'm recovering from one. This leads to heart flutters bloated stomach and sometimes dizziness together with weak feelings.

My doctor is investigating stomach problems as now and again I have sever pain in my abdomen and through my shoulder blades. Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to breathe through a bed sheet or something if you know what I mean?

Anyway it's panicking me like crazy so any advice would be really appreciated. My logic makes me think it might have something to do with being inactive for so long sitting down for long periods etc due to the anxiety being really bad at start of the year. But when I try and excersise now go for a walk etc it makes breathing seem scarily impossible so I avoid it also takes a while to calm my breathing down to being comfortable.

Any ideas?

Maj
21-08-10, 08:34
It's good that you are attending your doctor and he'll be able to check that there is nothing seriously wrong, which I'm sure won't be. The stomach and shoulder pain could indicate stomach acid, which can make you breathless as I suffer from this now and again. But anxiety can cause you to feel that you can't breath because your chest muscles are tense. It's absolutely nothing to do with your lungs and you will always get enough breathe. It's because when anxious you tune into your breathing and this instantly tenses you up. If this is the case then you need to learn to breath with your tummy and take slow concentrated breaths which will relax your chest. The heart flutters sound as though it is possibly anxiety so don't worry because it's not dangerous:hugs: