PDA

View Full Version : Please help if you suffer Jaw pain

sadie
26-02-06, 20:06
Hi all,

I have TMJ - clicking jaw joint on my right side. I wear a splint at night to help with the teeth grinding, which does help. However over the last year the pain around my ear/head/neck has been gradually getting worse and I just dont know what to do anymore.

I have been back and forth to my GP and they cant really do anything. I have had massages and visited a chiropractor a few times who is trying to help realign my jaw, although she said she will never be able to stop the clicking. She said that structually I have a problem with my right jaw!

The symptoms really concern me as they are everyday and I was wondering if anyone else who suffers TMJ has experienced them too -

burning pain at the tight side of face/jaw/head
clicking noises at back of head/neck
funny sensations at the back of mouth/teeth/throat
squeezing feelings at back of neck - fleeting sensations
Dizziness that makes you feel like you are swaying
Sinus problems
Crackling sensations in head - like head full of static
When I move my head a certain way I feel vague and as if something has moved in my head ( sorry I know I probably not making much sense)

I am going back to the hospital at the end of March to see how my splint has been going, so I will ask them about the symptoms. I have mentioned them before but they never really took them too serioulsy to be honest.

Since these feelings have been getting more prominent each day I have found myself beoming more withdrawn etc. Infact my husband told me to day I am becoming like a hermit. I jsut dont want to leave the house as I feel so rubbish all the time.[V]

Any advice or reassurance would be great.

sadie

gonecrazy
27-02-06, 15:10
I have had TMJ for many years and have broken my splint! I tried massage and that seemed to help but mostly it is just stress. I can't chew gum or eat sticky foods like taffy etc...
I think you should take a look at this site. I know how scarey these feelings are and it does cause alot of pain in more than just your jaw!

http://www.tmj.org/index.asp

This should help! Hope you find relief soon!

:)