PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles in big toe

countrygirl
21-08-10, 20:09
I suddenly developed this at a friends house this afternoon- I was sitting on a hard chair and assumed I had pressed on a nerve but its not gone away. I do have prolasped discs in my lumbar spine and have constant back and leg pain and some bad attacks but have never experienced pins and needles before. The sensible part of my brain says that its probably from pressure on a nerve in my back- the L4 nerve affects the big toe and this is one of my prolasped discs and I do not have numbness or loss of use and I do not have any problems going to the toilet or numbness in my saddle area which could mean cauda equina which is a medical emergency as you could end up paralysed but of course I am worrying that I should not be ignoring the pins and needles.
My husband also had back problems and he says that he has in the past had pins and needles in his foot and twitching muscles and it got better itself and was from his back. Strangely I have less back pain today but again he said this fits as he got the pins and needles and twitiching muscles when he didn't have as bad pain in his back.
If I still have it on monday I will see my GP but its only Saturday!!
I keep telling myself that I can leave it unless I develop one of the above but I still keep panicking, my husband is not worried and says not to bother unless I get complete numbness.