PDA

View Full Version : newbie, is this anxiety, advice please

PJM
21-08-10, 21:32
Hi. I have felt very ill on and off for some time now. My Dr thinks it's fibromyalgia but I'm not convinced. I do worry quite a lot about health issues and probably have generalised anxiety. I'm starting to worry there's something seriously wrong and wonder if I could share my symptoms:
Extremely fatigued, like I want to shut my eyes and sleep
spaced out, lightheaded feeling
sore neck/head feels too heavy for neck
overall weak feeling, heavy arms and legs
sometimes arms feel swollen at forearms
twitching eyelid and twitches in other areas
uncoordinated
general all over fluey feeling at times
Occasional numb, tingly feelings

While I'm aware that a lot of these may be anxiety my main problem is that I can feel like this for days/ weeks then feel quite good again or have a few good days then feel rotten again. Also, when I feel anxious I can feel physically well and voce versa. Could this still be anxiety?

Many Thanks

uk23
21-08-10, 21:37
Wow, I could have written that post!

Do you have palpitations as well?

For me I try eating more food (realised I was eating only 1000cals a day), keep regular sugar intake and eat 6 small meals a day instead of 2 or 3 large ones.

Also I dont drink or do drugs but I do smoke.

Hope this is of some help to you.

KK77
21-08-10, 22:35
Well I suffer with fibro and pain is the main symptom I get. I do get some of the other symptoms in your list but your problem sounds more anxiety-related to me.

Did you see a consultant or was it your GP? I would get a referral if your doc suspects fibro.

Welcome to the site

brandy58
22-08-10, 18:17
I feel exactly the same
Just waiting for blood test results

Sometimes I feel quite good then will feel bad for weeks
Hope you get some answers. Have you had any blood tests etc?
xx

MidnightCalm
22-08-10, 19:36
You sound just like me, I have a few more symptoms though like ringing in my right ear, hot/cold sweats and stomach problems, waiting for blood results to come back. Oooh I can get quite nauseus too and constantly feel like I'm coming down with a flu that just won't break through.

crazyhayz
22-08-10, 19:48
Definitely sounds like anxiety. I was so ill after weeks of having the exact same symptoms as you (plus head pains and burning pains in head and arms) and was worried I had MS or brain tumour etc etc.. I had a brain scan, blood tests, chest xray, about 8 or 9 ECG's in the space of 4 months, balance tests, eye scan and multiple other tests...and im only 22!!! Once i accepted i wasnt ill whatsoever, infact i was very well and perfectly healthy, everything just went away! I had a full course of CBT and i take citalopram which ive found to be a saviour for me, but the one thing i learnt is the mind is an extremely powerful thing, and if you let it control you, it WILL. Ive since suffered different issues with palpitations and dizziness with balance problems which is being investigated but i KNOW its probably nothing and im just having a little relapse which i know il get from time to time since i came into recovery. Just try your absolute best to accept its all in your mind, by all means get as many tests as the doctor will give you as they did always make me feel better, but i can assure you, ALL OF YOUR SYMPTOMS I HAD, PLUS TONNES MORE, and it was all anxiety/thoughts-related/stress.... once you realise this, your already on the road to recovery :) xx

MidnightCalm
23-08-10, 11:24
It's amazing what anxiety can do to you, the hardest part for me is acceptance, I doubt I'll ever accept that everything I'm STILL experiencing is due to thoughts, adrenaline rushes and learnt behaviour :/