PDA

View Full Version : just want some1 to talk to xx

julieliverpool
21-08-10, 22:28
ive suffered with panick attacks 9 years but since havin my son 3 months ago i have had them really bad plus pnd the last 4 weeks have bben a night mare head aches pains in my wrist stupid thoughts in my head an all i do is cry i cant go out the house i cant do anythin normal anymore

wendy28
21-08-10, 23:01
Hey i know where your coming from im exactly the same some days,your not alone if that helps any..
Have you been to the doctors? have you got supportive people around you?.
Panic and anxiety is awfull but this site and the people here are helpfull its helped me.

julieliverpool
21-08-10, 23:14
im on meds but they have been changed to citralopram the last 3 weeks feel awfull every day x

Vixxy
22-08-10, 12:19
Hi Julie. Im sorry youre struggling so much at the moment. Hopefully when the Citalopram get into your system theyll start to help you more. Youre nearly there, docs usually say 4-6 weeks to start feeling the benefit.
My advice for you right now is to try to do 1 positive thing each day. It doesnt have to be something big, just something that you can feel proud of. Then each time you start to feel like its all too much think about the positive things youve done.
Even if its just washing your hair each day. Make sure you think about what you can do the next day and look forward to doing it.
Once youre over the worst of it you can begin to work on the agoraphobia. Just take baby steps for now.
You will get through this and live a happy life, you just need to believe it can happen.

Baggie
22-08-10, 13:07
Hi Julie

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a rotten time just now. Although I've only developed panic attacks over the past 2 years, I do have experience of PND as I went through this after the birth of my son some years ago.

I had a fantastic health visitor who was a real gem. She was someone to talk to face to face when I really couldn't talk to my family about how I was as I just felt totally useless. I also contacted the Association for Post Natal Illness (their web address is apni.org) who put me in touch with a supporter who'd been through PND and we became 'pen pals' for a while. It really did help me.

When you want to talk to someone, the guys on here will always have words of encouragement to help you along. I know that they have helped me and continue to do so.

Hopefully in a few weeks your meds will be making you feel better. Just take one day at a time. You will get there in the end, just as I did. Take care. xx

heavenly
22-08-10, 13:16
Hi Julie, sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the mo. The Cit will take some time to kick in but do not suffer in silence. Talk to a friend, family member, get out in the fresh air, go for a walk, and ring your GP, talk things through with him/her. And as said above, which I make myself do, write down everything positive you have achieved each day and keep looking at that list and see how well you have done. Doesn't matter how small or insignificant you think something is, write it down. xxx

julieliverpool
23-08-10, 00:21
thanks guys just cannot wait till my meds kick in so i can enjoy my children im findin it really hard but finers crossed ill get there xx

heavenly
23-08-10, 10:29
thanks guys just cannot wait till my meds kick in so i can enjoy my children im findin it really hard but finers crossed ill get there xx

You will get there, I know its horrible hun, just try and keep occupied and go back and see your GP if you need to. Keep us posted. xxx