PDA

View Full Version : sharp stabbing pain in chest

zoe-22
22-08-10, 12:05
i have really bad HA about my heart i have had ecg bloods x-rays all come back normal. On Wednesday night i was sat on my bed talking to my friend not feel anxious i was quiet relaxed, when all of a sundered i had a sharp pain in the center of the top my back i shot up and it move directly to the center of my chest, it was like some one had stabbed me it only lasted a minuet or so but during which i couldn't breath in as it made the pain worse i tried to stretch it out but that also made the pain worse, my heart started pounding really fast and i panicked. i phoned for an ambulance they came done ecg and blood pressure all of of which was fine. by the time the got the the pain had gone and i wasn't panicking so much. they took me into hospital because it not the first time this has happened to me but all test were normal and i was sent home, ever since ive had a really bad burning pain in the top left breast and down my left side, i have been felling really dizzy in the mornings and my heart rate shots up from 56 to 114 when i stand. is this normal can anxiety really do this to you im so worried im only 22 have a strong family history of heart problem. any one else experience this or anything like it?
zoe x

countrygirl
22-08-10, 13:53
Costocondriatis can cause this type fo pain - I have hadit on and off for many years - I even have had the test for heart attack ( blood test) done just to prove to me that it is not caused by my heart. I go through phases ofit and its always severe stabbing and can affect either side of my sternum at front or even under my shoulder blades. I can also get severe cramp in ribs where its almost impossible for you to breathe other than very shallowly and thats scary.

PanchoGoz
22-08-10, 17:06
I know what you mean and I think it could also be a muscel spasm - just where a chest muscel will go tense and painful for a moment like it is caught. Sometimes when I lie in bed this happens and I cannot even attempt to turn over because it hurts so much. But it works itself out.
You should not get in the habit of checking your heart rate too often as well. This is a clear health anxiety habit. If you are panicing then your heart rate will inevitably rise quickly! Remember your heart will get on with its job if you let it and you won't have any problems if you treat it well.