PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....what tests should docs do?

vicky23
22-08-10, 16:02
hi all hopefully someone with some more knowledge than me could help!
So I was away camping last wed and made it all of 24 hours then in the morning I started getting tummy pain and feeling very sick and clammy and weak, my vision also started going a bit blurry which I have had in the past before I vomitted so I went out of the meeting with my friend and I collapsed on the grass outside, didn't actually pass out but my legs just gave way I was so weak and then I started wretching.
This has never happened to me before, the medical team didn't seem too concerned and said it was low blood sugar. I think that I should go to the Docs because this doesn't seem like a common anxiety symptom for most people on here altho I do tire very easily, feel sick a lot but I've just put that down to anxiety because I know these are common.
so my questions are.....
a) has this happened to anyone else before
b)should I bother my Dr with this
and c) I'm planning on asking for a blood test but is there anything else the Dr should check?
I know that the obvious answer to this is...see what the Dr says! lol but they are just human so if I go in with a clear idea of what I should be saying/expecting that might help :)
thanks in advance
x

jaded jean
24-08-10, 06:37
Just get a group fasting bloods test if your doc agrees to it hun, thyroid , diabetes , hormones. blood count, It will probably be ok but it will evidence for you to put your mind at rest.
Anxiety physically presents itself in different symptoms so yes what you experienced was just that ,But please try not to worry,It will pass.
Take care Jean:hugs: