PDA

View Full Version : Question about Diazepam Withdrawal

toriabelle
22-08-10, 16:15
Hi,

This is a queston on behalf of my mum (I'll explain a bit about the situation first)

My Mum started taking Diazepam back in mid-June she didn't take it every day, and was only prescribed 2MG (sometimes only taking half a pill so 1MG) and completely stopped taking them 12 days ago, she also tried a few other medications but every other one made her feel violently sick (she's allergic to a lot of medications.)

The Diazepam has left her feeling "wobbly" and fueled the panic attacks, where she was only having anxiety issues before taking the pills they seemed to have turned them into full blown 3 hour long panic attacks, it's so bad she isn't wanting my dad to leave the house and the doctors keep putting the symptoms down to anxiety where we think it is the diazepam withdrawl causing the wobbly-ness etc now. She's not wanting to talk much, do day to day tasks or housework either and is spending most of the time on the bed when she's not walking round to try and rid herself of the wobbly feeling.

So the questions I've got are how long should the withdrawal last? Would it have caused permanent damage to say her nervous system?

Thanks for any help.

Victoria

sharon35
22-08-10, 16:21
It might not be withdrawal from diazepam, she might have a iner ear infection maybe?
She should go back to the doctors.