PDA

View Full Version : Please help

loveletter
22-08-10, 19:47
Please will someone talk to me.
I am shaking so bad writing this as I am so scared.
I am so worried about the weather that is in store for us tonight.

I am so sacred of thunder storms have been since a very young age.
I am also scared of my heavy rain and when it is hitting the windows I feel like I can not breath and will soffacte.
I am scared of being in a flood.

2 years ago I moved out of the city and into the country side to a village, since then my phobia has got worse.

I am sitting here not knowing what to do. I can not eat or think straight.
I am starting to feel very trapped.

If I am feeling this bad and nothing has happened yet how on earth am I going to fell when the rain winds and storm comes.

Also the weather is expected to be bad for a lot of hours and in the night as well so this is going to make it worse in the dead of night when there is no one about.

My husband died 3 years ago and I fell so much worse now.
I have 3 sons that all live with me age 28 22 and 12 but they will not be of any help to me they will just say I am mad.

I keep getting a picture in my mind that in a few hours time we will all be dead.
Drowned in a flood.
I am in so much fear that it will rain so bad it will be like a river outside and we are in a village so see no help getting to us in time to save us.
I really do not know how I am going to get through the night.

ladybird64
22-08-10, 21:00
Hi there :)

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so scared, a lady that used to live two doors away from me used to be terrified too, it was the thunder that frightened her..she used to hide under the table!

I'm sure you know that the thing with phobias, whatever type they are, is that the fear is actually worse than the reality.
That's what you are doing at the moment, building it all up in your mind to epic proportions..the worst scenario is massive floods and death.

I think you know yourself that it is most definitely not going to happen, Im sure you have been in this type of weather before and no harm had come to you has it?

It's not much fun having unsympathetic family members..perhaps you can come on here if you are really scared?

Try and reassure yourself that it's your over-anxious mind talking, you know that when we are scared our brains come up with some ridiculous stuff! You won't suffocate because of the rain, your oxygen levels won't be affected and you are not trapped in your house.

Although you don't want to (and I wouldn't either!) you could walk outside your front door to convince yourself that can leave if you want to.

Nothing terrible is going to happen. :flowers:

loveletter
22-08-10, 21:09
Thank you for the reply.
Am still out of my mind with worry.
I keep remembering things I have seen on tv before about people being took out of there houses by the emergency services on boats.
I can not get this out of my mind.

We had heavy rain and a lot of lightening here at 4am this morning.
I put my fan on full in a bedroom so I could then not hear the thunder or the heavy rain.
I stopped myself from looking out of the window, and that did help.

Maybe I should try to do this tonight.
I am so let down with myself as I am a Christian and I love the Lord so much he is everything to me I just want to trust him more and not have fear like this

ladybird64
22-08-10, 21:22
Thank you for the reply.
Am still out of my mind with worry.
I keep remembering things I have seen on tv before about people being took out of there houses by the emergency services on boats.
I can not get this out of my mind.

We had heavy rain and a lot of lightening here at 4am this morning.
I put my fan on full in a bedroom so I could then not hear the thunder or the heavy rain.
I stopped myself from looking out of the window, and that did help.

Maybe I should try to do this tonight.
I am so let down with myself as I am a Christian and I love the Lord so much he is everything to me I just want to trust him more and not have fear like this

I do understand, promise. :)

This is what we do, find the most frightening situation and focus in on it..it's a very hard habit to break.

Maybe it is better to realise that you WILL have some fear of the unknown but then focus on all the negatives.
Yes, people do get flooded out but as you say, the emergency services always deal with it well and are prepared for situations like this..it is extremely unlikely that this would happen but even if it did, you would be in the hands of experts.

Your anxiety has nothing to do with whether you are a christian or not hun, it's not a punishment, has nothing to do with you not having trust..it is something that happens to people of all faiths!

Trust in your own ability to ride this out no matter how scared you are..I'm sure your maker would approve of you doing your best. :flowers:

loveletter
23-08-10, 11:17
Thank you ladybird for replying to me.

I was on the phone to a friend till half 1 this morning, that helped a lot and took my mind off things.
When I got off the phone the panic set in again bad .
I went to bed but just layed there wide awake till half 4 this morning.

After all this worry and making myself really ill nothing we got nothing really about half hours rain that was not even heavy.

I think it is time I stopped going on weather forums and watching every weather forecast as this made me so much worse.
It is the same really as people going on google when they feel ill and they read all sorts and it makes them so much worse.

From now on I am going to try to leave the weather forums well alone.

ladybird64
23-08-10, 19:29
I think it is time I stopped going on weather forums and watching every weather forecast as this made me so much worse.
It is the same really as people going on google when they feel ill and they read all sorts and it makes them so much worse.

From now on I am going to try to leave the weather forums well alone.

That sounds like a very good idea to me. Glad you're ok. :)

D&K
26-08-10, 16:03
i am now on esa because of the same problem. when i see a bad forcast im like alright bring it on lol. ill be like u watching the radars and stuff waiting for it to come and when it does nothing happens. so ive just decided if im in the house and dont have to go out is, if it thunders it thunders theres nothing i can do about it ill just have my mp3 player handy if it does and sit on my pc playing games or something to take my mind of it. dont worry thow it wont hurt you it just scares us. try to turn that scaryness into more of a buzz try to watch it out the window with headphones on the ready incase u cant handle it. then try to open the window see how far u can go but have someone with you this will help, like a close friend or ure son.