PDA

View Full Version : when to up the dose?

kellkoo
23-08-10, 09:15
hi there , been on Citalopram 20mg for 6 weeks on friday.. for the last 10 days i haven't really had any good days at all.. week 3 & 4 i thought i was feeling some benifit but now i'm losing faith again - feeling low & the anxiety has creeped back in... i got a appointment with my gp on the 4th of september.. she mentioned we could up the dose to 40mgs.. is it too soon up the dose now? should i ride it out another 2 weeks on 20mgs?
thanks!

GlasgowGuy
23-08-10, 12:38
I've been on 20mg for two weeks today. Last week my GP hinted at potentially in future looking to up it to 30mg which at this stage we both agree is an option. Nothing more nothing less.

Why not consider if things aint going to hot to go from 20mg to 30mg rather than to 40mg. Something worth discussing with your GP anyways.

Take care kellkoo and let us know how you get on.

calm
23-08-10, 17:09
i have been on cits since the 9th july and i still have high anxiety/panic every single blasted day...i am seeing my gp on friday to discuss upping my does...i dont want to go to 40mg i think 30mg is probably the better option.

please let us know how you get on, love tracey xxxx

suzy-sue
23-08-10, 20:23
Its definately worth giving 30mg a go before you up to 40 mg .A lot of people find 40mg too high and is very sedating .You will also find by upping only 10mg more you wont get as many side effects if any at all ....Sue

GlasgowGuy
23-08-10, 22:16
Tell you briefly about my experience on cit in past but of course everyone reacts different to different meds.

Was on 20mg of cit for a few months. Felt nah this just aint doing what I thought. Went up to 40mg after discussing with my GP. On the 40mg my Mum described me as being a bit 'unemotional'. Instead of reducing to 30mg decided to try another med. In hindsight I'm thinking perhaps 30mg would have been better.

Hope everything goes well with what you and yer GP decide what to do.

kellkoo
24-08-10, 22:45
hi there 'thanks' for all your replies..
i rang docs today & my normal gp is away till the 1st of sept :shrug: don't fancy seeing another gp.. so ill have to ride it out till then..

my new problem is i've become conscious of swallowing - after reading a post on this site :shrug: this must be my anxiety thats creeped back in..

kellkoo

Sarah Louise
25-08-10, 23:46
Hey,

I was on 20mg for 6 weeks and they worked great for me untill i had a horrible surge of anxiety for a week and i couldnt put up with it so the doctor up my dose from 20mg to 40mg i wish i had gone to 30mg first now and i am seeing my gp on friday to lower to 30mg. the tablets do work just give them time.