PDA

View Full Version : Six weeks in this week

Dragonsblonde
23-08-10, 14:04
Well then, it has been a while since I posted anything on here and kind of thought I should write you and myself an update I guess.

I hit my six week mark on CIT this wednesday and all in all things are getting better.

Good Bits:

I generally go through the days now with no anxiety and have stopped the panic attacks completely. The mornings are easy now, with no fear upon waking and am still at work and enjoying that again. Have got back to having a proper social life and can also be at home alone when hubs is working or away with no more than the usual feelings of missing him.

I still have the odd anxious moment/day here and there, but much more manageable and it passes quickly.

Not so Good Bits (lol)

Still have a dodgy tum at times and me and my bathroom are good friends, although still only confined to early morning and then I settle.

Have noticed that if I break my good routine of diet/fluids and sleep now I pay for it. This weekend I had family round so ate rubbish food and went to bed late for a few days in a row and today I am tired, a little bit down and lifeless.

The flip side of that is of course that usually I am eating better and healthier than ever, getting regular sleep and am six weeks alcohol and caffeine free. Big steps for me really

Summing up I do not regret starting on the CIT at all, the side effects were off and on, but they do pass and I have started to feel much better. Have done some counselling and will be starting CBT within the next few weeks. Need to get back on track with my meditation though as I have let that slip over the last week and have noticed the lack of it.

Anyway - hope you are all making progress on whatever road you are travelling

GlasgowGuy
23-08-10, 15:22
Thanks for the post I certainly found it interesting and heartening. Good to see those plus sides. Lol just look on the toilet routine as being healthy. If I offend I'm sorry is meant as a bit of good humour but me and someone else on another post trying to see light hearted side of the toilet thing.

Anyway, well done you.

Dragonsblonde
23-08-10, 16:28
No worries at all - you would have to try much much harder than that to offend me!

GlasgowGuy
23-08-10, 16:36
Lol cool. I know not everyone may find some side effects amusing. I'm the same. Just find with this one it's a case of settling down after a while and personally I'd happily trot off to the loo a dozen times a day than other symptoms.

If I offend anyone just gimme a nudge and I'll shut it.

Dragonsblonde
23-08-10, 17:39
To be honest I have tried to keep a sense of humour about all the effects - when I have any sort of mad panic about something I was taking I have a couple of friends I call on. By the time I have finished running down my panic to them in my usualy bonkers style they are normally crying with laughter which always fixes me right up again

calm
23-08-10, 17:44
this is just what i needed to read...thank you so so much xxxxx

GlasgowGuy
23-08-10, 22:48
I mentioned the toilet thing with my GP last week and said I was concerned Citalopram wasn't able to get into my system due to constant visits to the loo. Just want it to get into my system asap. He said as long as I wasn't vomitting it should still get into my system ok.

Dragonsblonde
26-08-10, 13:20
Having a couple of trembly days for the past couple at the minute. Thinking it is in part down to my own behaviour though.

Bad diet for week and not getting enough sleep. Also stopped my meditation for two weeks.

I think because I was feeling better I kind of forgot the things that I was actually doing for myself were what was making me feel better and just thought I could slip back to how I was. Guess it at least proves that self help does work, we just need to build it into our normal lives and not view it as a chore