PDA

View Full Version : calmoline tea ok?

StressedEric
23-08-10, 14:30
This may seem a silly question but is it ok to take camoline tea with Citalopram? Also i like mint tea as well is this ok? Both are caffeine free and a change from tea. Twinings look the best for these and sell pure camoline tea and peppermint.

Thanks

GlasgowGuy
23-08-10, 15:18
I drink it by the bucket load and I'm on 20mg of Cit. Don't know if it is 'medically' cleared or not to mix but I'm having a cuppa cam as we speak.

mistykell
23-08-10, 15:33
Yeah its fine to drink i was on 40g citalapram doc said was fine to drink its just st johns wort that has to be avoided when on anti ds!

PanchoGoz
23-08-10, 16:43
tea is fine, it doesnt really have any medicinal values that would clash with your medication.

StressedEric
23-08-10, 20:47
Cheers everyone :) Im going down to supermarket now and get some. Mite have a cuppa tonight.

maggiejan
24-08-10, 03:45
Cheers stressed eric - enjoy your camomile tea = personally I could not live without it - it gets me through the day and I get stressed if I am down to the last few tea bags in the cupboard!!!!!

Enjoy:yesyes:

Raindog
24-08-10, 07:40
This is what I was recommending to people while I was having my anxiety, it used to help me relax on a morning and evening. And it's usually caffiene free so good for drinking before bed to help you calm down a bit to sleep.

Dragonsblonde
24-08-10, 08:59
I have now switched to redbush tea as I prefer milk in my tea I have to say. Am in love with it and is caffeine free and calming too

PanchoGoz
24-08-10, 11:52
calmine with honey mmm....

Hardamcnor
24-08-10, 12:28
I had Camomile while on Citrapram last year and there were no issues. Only problem I had is I don't like Camomile :(
I have heard about Redbush - can anyone give more detail?
Thanks
Dani

GlasgowGuy
24-08-10, 12:52
I've heard the name Redbush but don't know much about it either. At moment im sticking to water, decaf tea and camomile with the odd glass of milk or cranberry juice. Love my teas but want to avoid caffeine.

StressedEric
24-08-10, 13:43
Did a quick scan online and found this link on health benefits of redbush tea.

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5084874_red-bush-tea-benefits.html

GlasgowGuy
24-08-10, 14:22
Did a quick scan online and found this link on health benefits of redbush tea.

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5084874_red-bush-tea-benefits.html

Cheers for that Eric. It certainly paints a good picture of redbush. It say there aswell about helping with some kinda skin irritation. I have the most irritable scalp ever and been to docs once about it and can't mind the name he gave it but maybe this could help with this also. Always wondered if the irritation was due to stress/anxiety. Lol maybe if I start drinking this I can grow my hair back. Shaved head since scalp became really irritable years back.

Thanks mate.

Dragonsblonde
24-08-10, 14:48
Redbush is a standard tea from South Africa. It is available in all large supermarkets under different brands, Tetley make one for example. You can add milk and or sugar if you prefer it or just natural. The longer you steep the bag the better the tea.

It does have a slightly "herbal/floral" taste which I found a little odd for the first couple of cups, but now I love it. Totally caffeine free and currently being investigated by the medical profession for other beneficial effects

StressedEric
24-08-10, 18:54
Redbush is a standard tea from South Africa. It is available in all large supermarkets under different brands, Tetley make one for example. You can add milk and or sugar if you prefer it or just natural. The longer you steep the bag the better the tea.

It does have a slightly "herbal/floral" taste which I found a little odd for the first couple of cups, but now I love it. Totally caffeine free and currently being investigated by the medical profession for other beneficial effects

Cheers for the info. Will def look out for it in the supermarket.

GlasgowGuy
24-08-10, 22:11
Being caffeine free is a big thing for me(says he who smokes but think is my only bad habit lol well dietary wise anyway)

Def look out for it next time im in Asda.

GlasgowGuy
25-08-10, 13:31
Sipping my first cuppa RedBush. Aye its ok. Certainly red thats for sure lol

IHATEANXIETY
25-08-10, 16:58
Never tried calomile tea, the honey bit sounds nice though! Might give it a whirl x

StressedEric
25-08-10, 16:59
Sipping my first cuppa RedBush. Aye its ok. Certainly red thats for sure lol

Good stuff! Let us know if this makes a difference over time. I Will be getting some on next shop.

Dragonsblonde
25-08-10, 17:47
Best bit of Redbush is that you can add milk and or sugar for when you want that kind of proper cuppa feeling - like right now curled up on the sofa

GlasgowGuy
25-08-10, 19:10
It ok mixing it with Citalopram anybody know? Had an awful day today and has been shortly after drinking RedBush. Probably just coincidence.

StressedEric
25-08-10, 23:35
It ok mixing it with Citalopram anybody know? Had an awful day today and has been shortly after drinking RedBush. Probably just coincidence.

If you are worried maybe just check with pharmacy but could also just be a coincidence like u said. How are you feeling now?

GlasgowGuy
26-08-10, 09:01
If you are worried maybe just check with pharmacy but could also just be a coincidence like u said. How are you feeling now?

Pretty awful mate. Just frustrated, bored and quick tempered. Bit unsusual as I've always been a placid kinda guy with no history of agression.

Dragonsblonde
26-08-10, 10:43
Hey, I have had no problems at all with drinking Redbush whilst on Cit. Could be something else in the ingrediants list with the tea I guess, but check in with the Pharmacy if worried