PDA

View Full Version : A New Way of Life

marq
23-08-10, 15:45
Recently, I discovered that all of my ambitions, aspirations and skill ability suddenly ceased to function, an effect caused by a number of events in my life, traumatic and which happened at the same time. I for one, did not realise that the mind could go into a complete shut-down, after not being able to cope. But then I suppose it is similar to any other like part of the human anatomy, when pushed too far. In starting to recover slowly, I found that my time was spent aimlessly walking hours at a time, like a zombie. Eventually my thoughts started to materialise and spark. With no support in my area, only the prescribed medication, it was my determined and problem solving character that set the path to a recovery. Although at times, I had to back off from my thoughts yet again, to avoid sliding down the snake to the begining, yet again. The processed started, in analysing every detail, perception, interpretation of myself, the world around me, as well as the thoughts and feelings that were running through my veins and mind. Devising techniques, identifying causes, why certain thoughts were happening and whether the technique was working. Soon to realise that the challenges and solutions were working, they were being scribed, an ability that that suddenly vanished too. Approaching others and discussion my new found recovery, it become apparent, that I was not alone. Many other people were at the same stage, where I set out from, many years ago. The years when I ignored all of the internal wrangling, as normal. That is, before it became too much for to cope with.
The revelation that I had been looking for had arrived, to write the book , that will proactively help and inform others, so that they can have a happier life, avoiding the pitfalls, many of us have to suffer. Without the situation and the dangerous condition occurring, I would never have found this new direction and opportunity to help others. They say that god works in mysterious ways, or something like that. Another topic that I will be publishing very soon.
The documents and exercises that I started to compile became the ideal foundation in which to help and inform others in the short term, rather than waiting for my book to be published, if it ever does (publishing is a mine field). In beleiving that it is a more proactive method in preventing the effects if depression, anxiety, fear, trauma, stress and conditions that are effectively: self induced, by the pressures and difficulties of the world around us.

I have now set up a free website or rather a blog, to put ideas, techniques and stories to help others avoid or escape from the circumstances that they have found themselves in. Happy for anyone to contribute or let me know if their story and idea, technique or solution that will help others. Comments welcome.

Marq

diane07
23-08-10, 15:46
Hi marq

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
24-08-10, 13:44
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x