PDA

View Full Version : period probs again

lorraine
23-08-10, 17:46
hi

Does anybody experience specks of blood in discharge during mid cycle. Its not a full blown bleed just this blood in discharge. I do sometimes bleed for about 1/2 days mid cycle but only needing a liner on not a full period. This specking has been going on for about 8 days have got a little bit of period pain aswell but, nothing major not bad enough for painkillers.
My breasts are very tender too.

Lorraine

Maj
23-08-10, 19:37
I know that some women can have spotting and pain mid cycle, I think it's called mittelsmersch or something!! Sounds like hormones. I think you should mention it to your doctor to get reassurance, but it'll be nothing to worry about. I had tests done a while ago for something similar, lasting 21 days, and it was completely harmless!! Sometimes there's no rhyme nor reason for these things. :hugs:

jill
24-08-10, 00:08
Hi hun :D:hugs:

Periods are funny, each person is different, I have haerd of alot of people getting this for a whole lof of different reason, ( ALL HARMLESS and normal)

It could be just the way you are..
It could be something to do with your age, (menapause, pr-meapause)
It maybe the pill your on.

All the the above mess about with you homones and sore breast is one of the many symptoms, it can give you.

As it has already been said, if you have concerns PLEASE talk to your gp about it, peace of mind goes along way.

I myself over the years have had many symptoms regarding my periods, each month is different, some months worse than others :lac:, BUT, its my age, 46 years young LOL :roflmao:

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

indigo
24-08-10, 08:59
I hadthis. Mine was down to something called erosion which sounds horrible but isn't really. It is just sometimes the softer tissue of the cervix comes to the outside of the neck of the womb and because its more soft it bleeds easier.

The consultant pursed his lips and said that the neck of the womb is like your lips. They are quite tough but if you feel just inside your lip it is softer and more liable to damage. Apparently it is quite a harsh enviroment 'down there' so if you have erosion it is more likely to bleed.

I had cauterization to mine to stop because i was worried i wouldn't know the difference between that and any other bleed!It has totally gone now and i had this 4 years ago.

I didn't have to opt for this but i did, hope this helps :)