PDA

View Full Version : HELP

MidnightCalm
23-08-10, 17:53
Drs just rang, I have to go back in 2 weeks for repeat blood tests as they were borderline, is this bad???????

Maj
23-08-10, 18:14
If they were bad then they would've told you to make an appointment straight away. Even borderline results can be normal. Levels in the blood can fluctuate so they're just making sure.:hugs:

MidnightCalm
23-08-10, 18:32
I'm scared that it means something bad :((((

Maj
23-08-10, 18:39
Honestly, if it was anything to worry about you would've been told and treated accordingly. Being asked to wait a couple of weeks shows that it can't be anything serious. I'm not a doctor but have worked in a hospital for many years and see blood results every day. Please try not to worry too much.:hugs:

MidnightCalm
23-08-10, 18:42
Okay it's just hard with all these symptoms aswel :((

lonely
23-08-10, 18:44
try not to worry in 2 weeks time chances are they will come back normal, they flutuate quite alot, and dr's see it everyday, they just have to check things

the last 2 times i had mine done i had problems showing with urea and liver, but the doctor never told me, i was told they where acceptable, i didn't actually know until i heard nurse reading them on the computer, but nothing to worry over

Maj
23-08-10, 18:47
If there was anything wrong then this would be the time to treat it if need be. Remember that mosts things are treatable nowadays. But also anxiety can create a lot of symptoms so it could be this, and waiting for your next test will be creating more anxiety. I feel for you because you are obviously feeling low at the moment, but always remember that you can turn a corner and you won't always have to feel like this.:hugs:

MidnightCalm
23-08-10, 19:04
Thanks guys, I'm guessing that something bad would show up as more than borderline, tried to ask the receptionist if that was good or bad but she didn't know. Scared I have cancer as I have a few swolen glands and about 10 other debilitating symptoms that could be bad or anxiety as unbelievable as it seems. I've just been lying about feeling ill for a month or so :( xx

MidnightCalm
23-08-10, 19:32
Am I right in thinking if it was a life threatening disease like cancer it'd show up more than just borderline? Sorry, just so sick of feeling this way.xx

Maj
23-08-10, 19:43
I'm quite sure that your doctor would have arranged many other tests if he thought you had something life-threatening!! Swollen glands can be there for lots of reasons, maybe you are just run down. Also sometimes we tend to poke and prod these glands which actually makes them worse. Remember that it's very rarely the worst case scenario that we imagine it to be. Anxiety also causes so many debilitating symptoms that we tend to let our imaginations run riot and wind ourselves up. We've all been there so don't despair.:hugs: