PDA

View Full Version : Fear of blood

NOFEAR
27-02-04, 16:21
I have obsessions of contamination and fear of blood. Public transport, public toilets, librarys, even shops can really scare me. I get this horrible thoughts about there being HIV-blood on things and that just a small trace of this would come on my hands and then later I would bite my nails or pick my nose and get infected and later die.
Yes I know it sounds crazy but I have a big issue with this blood. I am scared of blood, even though I hardly ever actually see it.
My scariest thought and my biggest fear has been HIV-infection since I saw a documentary about it in school many years ago.
Needless to say I wash my hands like a maniac when I come home from a night on the pub or a shopping-trip.
I live in a big town (capitol) and so I have to deal with being around a lot of people when I go out. These people include junkies/drug addicts which unfortunately hang around the city-center. These junkies also scare me, and allthough I never ever talk to them, just accidentally bumping into one on the streets or the bus scares the hell out of me. Not because I am afraid of being robbed, no I am afraid that they might have HIV-blood on their clothes or hands or whatever.
I am so scared of blood it is ruining my life...I am afraid to even go out sometimes.[:0]

Anyone else have similar issues ???[xx(]:(

Let us stop the panic

Meg
27-02-04, 19:16
Is this despite knowing the reality that it is absolutely not possible to get HIV transmitted in any of the ways that you mention that you fear .

You recognise that these are irrational thought processes ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
01-03-04, 15:15
Hiya,

I have a fear of allergies but realize they are very irrational. i therefore have to push myself and challenge myself to eat certain things etc.

Have you seen your GP about it?

lucky