PDA

View Full Version : Counselling and/or Graduate Mental Health Worker

myiguanodon
23-08-10, 19:22
I was wondering if anyone had any experiences of the differences between counselling from a trained counsellor and the services offered by a graduate mental health worker.

I've been seeing a counsellor for a couple of weeks now and that seems to be going okay so far, I seem to have got quite a good rapport going and feel like I want to keep up the sessions.

I started seeing her as I was getting impatient with the referral to the graduate mental health worker from my GP and I felt I needed to do something to keep moving forward. I finally got a letter and made an appointment, though it's not till 14-Sept.

Now I'm starting to worry that I shouldn't have made an appointment if I'm already seeing someone, but am also worried if I don't then my medical records would say I didn't take up referral.

Also, I'm not really sure which one would be better, or if they can both be of use.

I don't want to waste an appointment that someone else could use for them to say it's best I continue with the counselling route I'm already on.