PDA

View Full Version : Heart Question!

crazyhayz
23-08-10, 22:14
Does anyone else ever feel a 'pinched' feeling in the centre of their chest where their heart is? or slsightly off to the left a bit under left breast? I have what feels like a pinch/tightening in the centre of my chest, i get dull ache from time to time, and palpitations, im waiting for my 24 Hour ECG results which is rather nerveracking but i think it will be fine as ive had quite a few ECGs in the past and all normal (plus im only 22)

I just hate this pinching feeling, it doesnt seem to ever go away! GP doesnt seem concerned but obviously is doing tests just to make sure :) Im getting an echocardiogram soon to check my heart is fucntioning correctly too. So hoping that will be ok :)

I think back to how bad i wouldve been dealing with all of this back in march when i was having 25 panic attacks a day on average...CBT and meds really helped me. Complete and utter brain training lol. But typing posts like this really make me wonder whether I am even in recovery like what the mental health team have said, as although im not panicking about it, its still worrying.. but i spose its normal to worry ay. Cheers guys x

uk23
24-08-10, 00:07
Wow, you seem to have the exact same feelings as me. A sharp 'nerve' pain on the left or sometimes middle with a loud thud or palp as well.

xfilme
25-08-10, 23:08
i have the same. its ectopic heartbeats, uk23. harmless but scary x

StandFree1903
25-08-10, 23:10
i get it bad if im suffering from very bad indegestion sometimes, but like xfilme says its mainly etopic heartbeats, I have had a couple and they are scary.

xfilme
26-08-10, 12:06
i went to a funeral yesterday and it really stressed me out. since i got back ive been having ectopic about twice a minute. how frequent are yours?