PDA

View Full Version : Feeling AWFUL on 30mg of Zispin...

_Emma
23-08-10, 22:15
Hey...

I'm relatively new to this site, my name's Emma-Louise and I'm from Glasgow, so hey :)

Anyway... I have been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks and agoraphobia for about 4 months now, and as well as seeing a therapist, I was put on 20mg of Citalopram, however after about 6 weeks of being on it, I was finding that it was making absolutely no difference to me, so on Friday my doctor changed my meds and put me on 30mg of Zispin. I started taking it on Fri night and I am feeling absolutely awful. It hasn't helped with my sleep as much as I hoped it would have, but during the day it is making me feel so so drowsy, feel like my head is cloudy, feel like I'm slightly drunk or something :S Can hardly function at all, tried 2 do the ironing and just felt like I could hardly move my arms! You'd think that by feeling like this I'd be sleeping loads, but no! I'm shutting my eyes, but hardly sleeping. My mum is saying she preferred me on Citalopram, because although it didn't seem to be doing much for me, at least I could have a conversation with her and be relatively alert during the day! Now I feel zapped of energy and am like a walking zombie!

Just wondered if anyone can tell me if this is normal and if it'll last long??? Should I have been put on such a high dose 2 start with??? It's 15mg tablets, but I've been told to take 2 at night, so should I just take one at night?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, at my wit's end here!

Thanks,

Emma xxx

BubbleBonce
23-08-10, 22:49
Hi Emma,

i don't think you should make any judgements on Zispin just yet. I do think your doc has started you on too high a dose to begin with though. I would take one 15mg tablet for a few weeks and then move up to the 30mg dose. Poor you, it must be awful.

Welcome btw. :)

JT69
24-08-10, 15:31
Hi Emma,

I take mirtazipine but I understand its the same as zispin just in different form I think. I agree with bubblebounce 30mg is quite a high dose to start off with and I would be inclined to try 15mg for a while at first before increasing to 30mg. They do say that mirtazipine is more sedative at 15mg but I cant say I actually notice that. I started on 15mg went up to 30mg for 4 months and am now back on 15mg with a view to come off soon.

The side effects you describe will go after a few days when your body adjusts to the new meds...I felt like that too!!! Cannot praise mirtazipine enough as it got me out of a horrible place to more normality...I too had taken citalopram previously.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care
Jo.xx

MadJam
24-08-10, 20:50
Hi there! I would say 30ml is definately a too higher dose to begin with!!! I would go back and speak to your doctor.

_Emma
24-08-10, 21:08
Thanks for all your replies :) I have actually spoken to my doctor and we have now decided to switch me back to citalopram, but a higher dose!! I've 2 go back 2 taking 20mg for a few weeks, then up it 2 30, then eventually 40! I just couldn't cope with those side effects, perhaps I gave up 2 soon, but ah well! Anyway, thanks again for replies :) xxxxx