PDA

View Full Version : one thing after another

Joey C
23-08-10, 22:26
Does anyone else ever feel like life throws nothing but stress at them? Its been one thing after another in recent months, nothing major but i seem to constantly worry about everything!

ann01
23-08-10, 22:29
Right there with you on that one Joey

GlasgowGuy
23-08-10, 22:43
Yip it sure does. What's been happening?

Joey C
23-08-10, 22:50
not much matey, just moving and stuff, worrying about money all the time usual stuff, just makes my ocd flair up badly.

Bill
24-08-10, 04:13
"Just" moving? Moving is Very stressful! Worrying about money? Money IS important so it's natural to worry about it.

Sounds like you're under alot of stress so be kind to yourself and take one day at a time. When you're settled again life will become easier and your anxiety will ease. Try to be patient and you'll be Ok.:winks:

GlasgowGuy
24-08-10, 09:14
Bill is right. I think I heard from somewhere that two of the most stressful things in life are seperating from a partner and moving house. Moving house is very stressful and affects even the healthier minded.

Hang on in there mate. So many of us in same boat you aint alone.

sketchyboots
24-08-10, 13:14
Moving...Money...these are two MAJOR stressors - no wonder you're stressed. Good advice to TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME - it's the only way. If you look ahead and think what "might" happen all the time you will make yourself ill. I should know, I've spent years making myself ill through too much trying to look into the future and freaking out. I'm trying to teach myself to live in the moment more - it seems to be working (though of course I still freak myself out now and again!).

Joey C
24-08-10, 23:48
thanks guys, your very kind. I had rugby training tonight which always relaxes me. I know exactly what you mean though, all i do is worry about what might happen in the future.

Bill
25-08-10, 03:37
When you start a rugby match, do you go into it worrying about losing or doing your best to win?

When you do your rugby training, do you worry about injuries or focus on making yourself stronger and fitter?

Before you play your opponents, do you worry about their capabilities or formulate a plan as to the best way to come out victorious?

Think of life like a rugby match and adopt the same approach. You'll stand a much better chance of winning if you focus on practise, planning what you need, your objectives, keeping focused and determined than focusing on all the things that "might" go wrong.

It'll help you to win the game called Life.:winks:

Joey C
25-08-10, 23:50
Thanks Bill, some good advice:)