PDA

View Full Version : Hi

WarwickJon
23-08-10, 22:29
Hi, i don't really know what to say other than i suffer from anxiety quite bad, to the extent where i very rarley leave the house. I have been to the see my GP but the medication they give me only seem to make things worse. I am hoping to get some advice to help me, so i can get back into work and deal with my problem.

nomorepanic
23-08-10, 22:30
Hi WarwickJon

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

ann01
23-08-10, 22:43
Hi WarwickJon welcome to nmp, you will find loads of support here, this site has helped me so much.

WarwickJon
23-08-10, 22:47
Hi WarwickJon welcome to nmp, you will find loads of support here, this site has helped me so much.

Hi WarwickJon

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Thanks

Hardamcnor
23-08-10, 23:25
Hi - i'm new here too but already met some lovely friends
Dani

Vanilla Sky
24-08-10, 13:42
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

IHATEANXIETY
24-08-10, 15:00
Hi WarwickJon it sounds like your gp isn't supporting you at all. Have you been back to discuss the medication problems? I know how you feel i am going through a bad patch and get so frustrated when i have to go to the drs as i have to go through the whole scenario again. Am here if you want to talk anytime x

WarwickJon
24-08-10, 23:34
Hi WarwickJon it sounds like your gp isn't supporting you at all. Have you been back to discuss the medication problems? I know how you feel i am going through a bad patch and get so frustrated when i have to go to the drs as i have to go through the whole scenario again. Am here if you want to talk anytime x

Hi, the main problem is that there a 3 doctor's at the surgery i go to and each time i've seen a different doctor, so all they are going on is what is in front of them on the computer. I have to go up again some time soon to change medication again as the Propranolol just doesn't have any effect at all. Also when ever i go to the surgery the waiting room is always full so i find myself having little panic attacks while waiting.

WarwickJon
24-08-10, 23:35
Hi - i'm new here too but already met some lovely friends
Dani

Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x
Hi, thanks for welcoming me, i can already see there is an active community looking to help each other as best they can and i hope i can help and get help here.

Towers
30-08-10, 12:34
RE: Also when ever i go to the surgery the waiting room is always full so i find myself having little panic attacks while waiting.

Hi,
I too get panicky sitting in the waiting room ( also at the dentist's and Hospital ) So what I do is ring up a week in advance and ask for the first appointment ( my surgery opens at 8.35 ). That way I know there will only be a few other patients sat in the waiting room and I don't feel as bad.