PDA

View Full Version : Memory and fogginess

HannahN
24-08-10, 10:19
Hiya, Just a quick one to see who else experiences trouble remembering things and the feeling that everything seems foggy and distant. It's getting worse for me and I have trouble remembering the stupidest of things.
Hannah x

Natalie x
24-08-10, 10:28
Hi Hannah. Yeah I've had this before. I think it's just all down to anxiety. I always get frustrated trying to push myself to remember silly little things or else, I think I've forgotten and try to re-trace every little thing I did and thought about like 2 seconds ago! x

vicky23
24-08-10, 16:00
I have the same problems and it is very frustrating! I'm a 23 year old but sometimes I feel like my body and brain is 90. What helps me is to realise that we've got so much stuff passing through our brains so much info that a lot of the time we're on auto pilot, doing things but not taking them in so it's no wonder we forget things because as anxiety sufferers our minds are overcrowded with unhelpful thoughts so things like where I laid down my mobile or glasses just doesn't get processed.
Maybe if there's something that you need to remember try activiley concentrating on what you're doing which will trigger your brain to think ok this is important I need to make a log of that in my memory bank