PDA

View Full Version : Re; back on cipralex

Micko
24-08-10, 11:43
After my first week back on Cip 5mg and weaning off Mirtazapine and Clonaz into my fourth week on 10mg my anxiety is at an all time high the worst thing is when I go to bed can't sleep at all and if I try to have a lie-in feel so sick and dizzy suicidal thoughts getting worse surely they will kick-in soon and the side-effects will wane? I am a virtual prisoner at my girlfriends just don't know what to do my shrink insists I will start to feel better soon I think she is just fobbing me off? any advice, help, info etc as alway's most welcome just feel so sick more so since going back on it! what a nightmare!!!!! HELP 10 times worse today and on fourth week at 10mg!!!!!!!!!!!! surely they will kick-in soon? the bed feels like it's spinning and the sickness and not eating feel like jacking em' in I know it's not a miracle cure but surely should'nt be feeling this bad seems to worse daily could just be the anxiety? my shrink insists it's still early days and gotta keep going with em' "ANYONE" ???? just been prescribed Zopiclone to help me sleep for 2 weeks! hope it does'nt interact too much with the Cipralex?

Gordon64
24-08-10, 15:26
Micko

I have just started 5mg CIP myself so the side effects are as yet an unknown quantity.

What I would say is that having come off Mirtazapine more or less cold turkey (I know!!) that I believe it is possible that the withdrawal is what is causing some of your problems although I'm no expert.

It is good that you have your girlfriend with you to help you through this-I am divorced and doing this pretty much on my own (not looking for sympathy) but having someone there will help.

Good luck Micko u r not alone.

Gordon

Micko
24-08-10, 16:51
Thanks pal

Trixie
02-09-10, 19:25
I have gradually over 6 months reduced Cipralex from 15mgs to 5mgs. Unfortunately over the last few weeks we have had several upheavals and sad news also I am suffering from nerve pain in my leg and waiting to see the consultant.
I am not sure whether to increase to 15mgs again.