PDA

View Full Version : would I be able to tell a lump from normal breast tissue?

constantworrier418
24-08-10, 13:43
this sounds so silly but I am constanly worrying about some cancer or another and under normal circumstances I avoid contact with my breasts for fear of not being able to distinquish a normal feeling breast to one that has a lump in it. But does anyone know if I would be able to feel the difference? I've been checking my breasts today for lumps and I can honestly say that I don't know if I would know the difference and at present am worried there is something to worry about- any advice?

MidnightCalm
24-08-10, 13:58
I think you would, I found a lump sort of under my armpit/on the side of my pectoral muscle... went drs and they said they didn't see any cause for concern as it feels like a cyst or gland, still so worried even though it hasn't changed in a month. You have to be wary of hard pea lumps that don't move/are attatched I think :S
xx

flippa
24-08-10, 14:26
Hi - I have some experience. I had breast cancer 10 years ago - probably where this anxiety started and Yes it was a very hard little lump. You would know the difference.
Anyway I survived it!! xx

constantworrier418
24-08-10, 14:46
Thank you for your replies, I have made yet another Dr's app as I cannot cope with the not knowing if I'm feeling something sinister or not. My partner has come to the end of his tether with me so I'm going to tell the dr how I feel and hope he will be understanding, I'm also worried the Dr will shout at me too as although I haven't seen the same Dr everytime they will see from my notes I'm there quite alot. I'm so exhausted by all of this - if it's not one thing it's another and I'm scared I'm going to miss a symptom and end up with a terminal condition

stick1974
28-08-10, 00:10
I feel exactly the same as you - in fact, have just posted about it. When you see the Dr maybe you could ask them to explain exactly what the different areas are in the breast, and to describe what it is you are feeling. I know how exhausting the whole thing is and I'm always feeling scared that I will miss something somewhere in my body and it will be too late.