PDA

View Full Version : ramipril blood pressure tabs

melvin
24-08-10, 19:27
can any one tell me if they take ramipril blood pressure tablets iv been told to take them as my bp is 120 /97 i hate taking tabs is their any side affects

ladybird64
24-08-10, 19:30
I take them and have had no side effects..I hate taking medication too.

nomorepanic
24-08-10, 19:37
I am on them too and no side-effects.

I take mine just before I go to bed in case they lower the blood pressure too much.

cornishmaid
24-08-10, 19:40
i have bneen taking ramipril 2.5mg for about 10 years now,apart from when was pregnant with my sons, i have had no problems with it at all and my blood pressure is usually under 120/80 , unless i stress or see a doctor and i send it right up high

melvin
24-08-10, 19:50
thanx for ur replies guys do any of u have a fear of taking tabs like me

mandie
24-08-10, 20:06
Hi

Thats not a very high blood pressure reading to be on bp tablets

mandie x

cornishmaid
24-08-10, 20:36
i fear taking all tablets apart from my ramipril and paracetamol,i had to take anti histamines few weeks back,and i posted on here before about what a nbightmare that was,pacing the kitchen plucking up courage to take them ,then watching the clock for about 30 minbs see if i was going to have a reaction,this was unless i was busy and wasnt thinking about it

nomorepanic
24-08-10, 20:39
Hi

Thats not a very high blood pressure reading to be on bp tablets

mandie x

Well the 97 is high. It depends on other readings as well I guess

yes I hate taking medication. I had to start on some water tablets a month ago, took them and was waiting for something to happen - but it never did lol

melvin
24-08-10, 20:58
thank for all ur replys guys 97 is high the readings now have to be 80 ish im going to try my best to take them

mandie
24-08-10, 23:13
[QUOTE=nomorepanic;700485]Well the 97 is high. It depends on other readings as well I guess

yes its fairly high but given the other number i was just surprised that he would be put on medication.

Maybe the other readings were higher.

love mandie x

nomorepanic
24-08-10, 23:19
Docs would not put someone on medication after one or two high readings.

Mine was quite high for about a year before I was given medication. This was many years ago.

I am on ramipril now because I had a heart attack so they prefer it to be lower than higher but I do not have high blood pressure as such. This is a preventative measure for me.

mandie
25-08-10, 00:14
[QUOTE=nomorepanic;700535]Docs would not put someone on medication after one or two high readings.

I agree with that. Its just the way the post was written it looked like it was given because of one reading!!

mandie x

nomorepanic
25-08-10, 00:16
Well Mandie - I would hope they didn't lol. I agree a one-off reading is fine if it is high.

I had a 24-hour blood pressure montior for mine.