PDA

View Full Version : So Foreign/Detached Scared..need to cope better

phil06
25-08-10, 06:17
Here I am at 5.30am this morning just can't sleep. Went to bed fairly relaxed. I was in a kind of half sleep but everything feels so foreign, last few nights I'm getting weird thoughts. It lasts all day..like I was close to not going out yesterday but still did but when I'm out I feel I know a place but I don't?

Objects, places seem unfamiliar and new. I describe this as a powerful sensation and it's unbearable, I feel desperate..I can't cope with it. It's at the stage now I don't know my own mind, I've lost myself. I get thoughts and they pass me like with no emotion, a numb feeling, it's quite hard to describe...

But my negative thought pattern the last few months has been: I'm dying, losing my mind, health anxiety, breakdowns, worrying about just going mad, not knowing what's ahead the next second.

It worries me as I'm out and stuff, it's just weird, crazy and foreign. I just struggle and get by. My head has pressure, it's tense..and I'm worried. I have so much adrenaline that goes through me. I feel trapped in a box and feel I'm shouting for help and nobody can help? I've had bizarre thoughts unlike other anxiety ones..or so it feels. I almost don't know how to help myself anymore. It started mild but after months it's so difficult and complex to explain. I've read up on depersonalization/derealization but can't always 100% accept it's that.

But my mind is not the same anymore, not me? I can't see a cure ahead...I don't know exactly what's got me to this stage as any stress I had came at the start of the year, and has now eased. Also making decisions and life worries sets me into a deeper state of this feeling. I can be in the shower and get a head surge of unreality. This is what worries me the worry that I lose reality..because I feel very close to at times. At work last weekend I was doing my job but I was there..but felt out my body, or more like I was a million miles away from the moment as my mind felt distant. Feels like there's alot of stuff going on.. but I'm not sure what was on my mind because it was just a normal shift.

I keep going on about it but feel I am suffering in silence, I try techniques like relaxation but little helps. I've bought Lavender and Rescue remedy to calm me more. I'm also on propranolol medication...when these attacks first started my whole body would be nervous and I was on Diazepam for a few weeks. It came about after failing a driving test, next day I was a wreck but managed two resits and have since gave up for now. I don't want to have to keep questioning my sanity like this at 5am on a forum? Is there anybody been through this with good tips?

I hear painting, music ect..but like I hate painting and reading..I am quite chronic and feel I need to worry. I sometimes sit and feel so unrelaxed and grouchy I want to be anxious just due to low mood, fatigue..other days it hits me I try everything to fight it off. About 9pm can be my panic type lately..I've sat and an urge of adrenaline hits me and I feel disoriented from my surroundings, eventually eases, but feel weird rest of the night. I can't lose the "fear"..but when it feels like this ..weird in a supermarket, work..feels like I'm helpless to it. I know if maybe the fear went maybe the symptom would? I also wonder if a few weeks better sleep, healthy eating would nip this one in the bud?

But anyway if I could cut it down into main words I'd say it feels adrenaline, weird, unreal..distant..question my identity, who I am..also suffering bad OCD which is not helping as I am hand washing and obsessing 20 times per day too. I may consider counselling and paying but I thought last night well I'm still going to have to work at this. Maybe there's lots of underlying anxiety? I feel like depressed, I'm 21 but 22 soon and feel I've done everything, my social life could be better I feel about 90, being single upsets me as it's been so long, then I get anger...but if this symptom goes on I don't know..I was in a period of not going over the door with this. I've got a bit better, bliped, bit better, super biped and it's like a huge weight pulling me down.

It's easy to say yes it's anxiety but that's not relieving me hence my long post. I have been as detailed as I can..I'm like 10/10 scared by this. I'm either A. Worried it's my health. B. Worried if it is just depersonalization I can't make it go away C. I'll go mad. D. I'll just die one day. I had the symptom mild in the past..but it would annoy me for a few hours, each day I got bored of it..THIS....it's awful, it's took over my life..

But where do I go now? I'm just a bit bamboozled by this..I feel ill some days, I want to stop asking for advice too....my life is almost on hold due to this feeling..as I won't travel far places case I lose my mind. :wacko::blush:

maggiejan
25-08-10, 07:37
Hey there

Sorry to see you are struggling with yourself at the moment. Please please print out your post and make an appointment to see your GP - take the print out with you and then if you are unable to express your feelings and worries to them out loud, please ask them to read your post.

You need some form of help urgently if you feel this low and are this worried. Please do not try and cope on your own - please talk to someone who can help you see that you are not alone in this and that things will get better no matter how horrible they seem now.

I regularly walk the hallway at homr through the night unable to sleep and feeling utterly desolate and stricken with fear at the thoughts I have about my continuing health anxieties and panic attacks and, yes in the cold light of day, I do feel bereft that it will never end but thankfully my GP is supportive and gives me the help I know I need to get through this.

Good luck - hope you have a better day and a better night tonight.

:)

Let us know how you get on.

Maggiejan

phil06
25-08-10, 13:40
Has anybody else felt this bad? I felt a bit better after getting all this off my chest but still worried..is this serious? :huh:

ladybird64
25-08-10, 15:43
Here I am at 5.30am this morning just can't sleep. Went to bed fairly relaxed. I was in a kind of half sleep but everything feels so foreign, last few nights I'm getting weird thoughts. It lasts all day..like I was close to not going out yesterday but still did but when I'm out I feel I know a place but I don't?

Objects, places seem unfamiliar and new. I describe this as a powerful sensation and it's unbearable, I feel desperate..I can't cope with it. It's at the stage now I don't know my own mind, I've lost myself. I get thoughts and they pass me like with no emotion, a numb feeling, it's quite hard to describe...

But my negative thought pattern the last few months has been: I'm dying, losing my mind, health anxiety, breakdowns, worrying about just going mad, not knowing what's ahead the next second.

It worries me as I'm out and stuff, it's just weird, crazy and foreign. I just struggle and get by. My head has pressure, it's tense..and I'm worried. I have so much adrenaline that goes through me. I feel trapped in a box and feel I'm shouting for help and nobody can help? I've had bizarre thoughts unlike other anxiety ones..or so it feels. I almost don't know how to help myself anymore. It started mild but after months it's so difficult and complex to explain. I've read up on depersonalization/derealization but can't always 100% accept it's that.

But my mind is not the same anymore, not me? I can't see a cure ahead...I don't know exactly what's got me to this stage as any stress I had came at the start of the year, and has now eased. Also making decisions and life worries sets me into a deeper state of this feeling. I can be in the shower and get a head surge of unreality. This is what worries me the worry that I lose reality..because I feel very close to at times. At work last weekend I was doing my job but I was there..but felt out my body, or more like I was a million miles away from the moment as my mind felt distant. Feels like there's alot of stuff going on.. but I'm not sure what was on my mind because it was just a normal shift.

I keep going on about it but feel I am suffering in silence, I try techniques like relaxation but little helps. I've bought Lavender and Rescue remedy to calm me more. I'm also on propranolol medication...when these attacks first started my whole body would be nervous and I was on Diazepam for a few weeks. It came about after failing a driving test, next day I was a wreck but managed two resits and have since gave up for now. I don't want to have to keep questioning my sanity like this at 5am on a forum? Is there anybody been through this with good tips?

I hear painting, music ect..but like I hate painting and reading..I am quite chronic and feel I need to worry. I sometimes sit and feel so unrelaxed and grouchy I want to be anxious just due to low mood, fatigue..other days it hits me I try everything to fight it off. About 9pm can be my panic type lately..I've sat and an urge of adrenaline hits me and I feel disoriented from my surroundings, eventually eases, but feel weird rest of the night. I can't lose the "fear"..but when it feels like this ..weird in a supermarket, work..feels like I'm helpless to it. I know if maybe the fear went maybe the symptom would? I also wonder if a few weeks better sleep, healthy eating would nip this one in the bud?

But anyway if I could cut it down into main words I'd say it feels adrenaline, weird, unreal..distant..question my identity, who I am..also suffering bad OCD which is not helping as I am hand washing and obsessing 20 times per day too. I may consider counselling and paying but I thought last night well I'm still going to have to work at this. Maybe there's lots of underlying anxiety? I feel like depressed, I'm 21 but 22 soon and feel I've done everything, my social life could be better I feel about 90, being single upsets me as it's been so long, then I get anger...but if this symptom goes on I don't know..I was in a period of not going over the door with this. I've got a bit better, bliped, bit better, super biped and it's like a huge weight pulling me down.

It's easy to say yes it's anxiety but that's not relieving me hence my long post. I have been as detailed as I can..I'm like 10/10 scared by this. I'm either A. Worried it's my health. B. Worried if it is just depersonalization I can't make it go away C. I'll go mad. D. I'll just die one day. I had the symptom mild in the past..but it would annoy me for a few hours, each day I got bored of it..THIS....it's awful, it's took over my life..

But where do I go now? I'm just a bit bamboozled by this..I feel ill some days, I want to stop asking for advice too....my life is almost on hold due to this feeling..as I won't travel far places case I lose my mind. :wacko::blush:

Phil,

Two suggestions and some advice for you.

Firstly, would it make you feel any better if you had a psychiatric referral? maybe you should ask your doctor for one.
Secondly, have you asked for a referral for CBT yet? If not, why not? It may be the perfect thing for you.

Here's the advice...

Look back over your posts of the past few months. You have asked the same things, been constantly reassured but don't seem willing to take the advice that you're given.

I find it a little disturbing that people do answer you, like the lady above and you totally disregard what they have written! That's not very kind particularly as we all have our own problems..it's not nice to not even be acknowledged.

I have had de-personalisation and it is frightening and horrible. However, life can't stop because of it and talking about it constantly is not going to help.

You have said yourself that you need to worry, that's because of your fear of letting go of this anxiety and the constant reassurance you are getting here..you need to take steps, positive steps to change things, not just trying something briefly and then saying it doesn't work.

Try replacing some of the time spent here with other things, no it doesn't need to be painting or reading, just something to break this cycle you have got yourself into.

If you are really serious about wanting things to change and to feel better, then go back to your GP and ask about CBT, you should be able to get a referral.
Be reassured by the time that you have spent here, the many, many reassurances that you have had from all of us who care about you and see the obvious truth.

You are not dying, you are not going mad. If you were dying you would be dead and if you were going mad, you wouldn't even realise it.
The adrenaline is hitting because there is nothing to prevent it, you are constantly feeding the fear by posting about it and analysing it..you surround yourself with it..you are inadvertently inviting it in.

Things need to change Phil, we have given you all the tips advice and ressurance to get you started..the rest is up to you.

Good luck :flowers: