PDA

View Full Version : 27 years suffering

kathryn
27-02-06, 13:22
Hi my name is Kathryn. I am a new memeber to nomore panic. this is the first time i have ever talked on line about my experiencies.

Having suffered for such along time, i could myself write a book, about my experiences, but i will just outline my problems. I Hope that is ok.

I had my first panic attack walking across a road, it came totally out of the blue.
I was half way accross the raod, when i started sweating, my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest, and i couldnt breath properly.
My legs felt like lumps of lead. every step felt like a mile.
I finally managed it across, but wonded what had happened to me.

I didnt say anything to anyone about my experience, as i thought it was just me, having a funny turn or something.
I had suffered a very painful and stressful miscarriage, so i put it down to this.

Then it happened again, again and again. at different times and places.

the only person that i could talk to easily was my Grandmother.
I broke down and told her what was happening

She reasurred me that i was not odd or going mad.

After that i tryed to cover it up for a long, long time.
My husband then was not very understanding, so i could not get any help from him.
His answer was pull your self together.

I just hid myself away, so then i became agrophobic and panicky every time i thought about going out, even to work.

(Sorry as i said i could go on for ever.)

To bring you upto date, i am now alot better, after some dreadful years of panic, pain and depression.

I finally found a wonderful support worker who has helped me get back on track. and get my life back.

I still even now have what we call "Blip" Days. I guess they are to be expected when you have suffered for such a long time.

My Mum saw your article in the Daily Mail, so she kept it for me.

I am so glad that this is not such a taboo subject now, so more and more people can benefit from other peoples experencies and help each other.

I wish they had things like this years ago, so then maybe i and many people like me wouldnt of suffered in silence for so long.

Kathryn

trac67
27-02-06, 13:25
Hi Kathryn,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

molly15
27-02-06, 13:45
hi kathryn welcome to the forum well done for making a start at overcoming this.you will get lots of support here. take care marcia

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Alexandra
27-02-06, 13:59
Hi Kathryn

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Meg
27-02-06, 17:14
Hello and Welcome Kathryn

THank you for stopping by to say Hi, Its lovely to hear from those who have travelled this path.

Do feel free to write out your story so Nic can post in in our personal stories sections.

We refer to Blips on this site too so you're in good company

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
27-02-06, 17:23
A big welcome to the site :D

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

wendy
27-02-06, 18:07
Hi

Is nice to read that a long term sufferer has made a recovery

Wendy x

Karen
27-02-06, 19:27
Hi Kathryn

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for sharing your story. It is good to hear from people who have come through this.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

clickaway
27-02-06, 19:33
Welcome along Kathryn.

So good to hear that you have got over most of this now after such a long time suffering. It really does illustrate to people that we can get a life at the end of it.

We are all very understanding here, and can relate to your feelings.

Chers,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
27-02-06, 19:53
Hi Jane,

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

I wrote the site initially because I was looking for help too and figured that if I helped others they in turn would help me and they have - over and over again.

Nicola

lin
27-02-06, 20:50
Hi Kathryn

Welcome!!!! you will find great support and loads of advice.

linda x

sal
27-02-06, 22:50
Hi Kathryn

I am sure you could write a book i feel like that but this site has helped me so much and made me realise i am not alone.

Look forward to talking to you some more.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".