PDA

View Full Version : Problem

LoveMusic
25-08-10, 17:48
Hi
I've been seeing a counsellor for over a year now, and we get on well. Part of the reason I can be calm with my anxiety is knowing I am seeing him once a week.

However, my problem/trigger at the moment is too personal to talk about with him (especially with him being a 60+ man) and I feel isolated.

jothenurse
25-08-10, 18:46
What's your trigger? Do you feel comfortable telling the forum?

LoveMusic
25-08-10, 19:08
Its a bit of a 'Women's health' issue. :-/

Lily76
25-08-10, 19:33
If he's that "old", he's probably been practising for a long time so there's a good chance he's heard it all. But if you feel uncomfortable talking to him about it in specifics, could you maybe just leave it at saying it's a women's health issue? Maybe he doesn't need to know the details. :shrug:

Nigel H
25-08-10, 19:39
I would suggest that Lily76 could well be right and knowing it's likely to be something very normal to him - you can feel more comfortable now, and this means telling him will speed you on the way to leaving that old problem behind.

Failing that .... if THAT is the one sticking point, you need to find someone you CAN talk to about it - if you have identified that as an important factor for you to deal with to get past the problem.

bobobob
25-08-10, 20:30
Bless you, it can be hard. The advise here seems realistic and that is good. If you can get enough courage to tell, he will have the complete picture, and that is good. If not don't dwell on it but look to someone who you an share, that will be good. Whatever you do dn't just hang on to it, you must share it now or it wil fester.
I do hope it works out for you. B.

LoveMusic
25-08-10, 21:14
I feel stuck, as the doctor did tests and told me I am fine but I still have the symptoms and feel so anxious over it.

I think I may return to the dr tomorrow.