PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im new

Lindalou64
27-02-06, 14:53
Hi everyone my name is linda I live in usa massachusetts..i have suffered with agraphobia for 17 yrs the last 8 yrs havent been so bad ive been through alot to since and got through.This past christmas i was hospitilized with pnuemona and bad flu for 1 week then very sick at home for 2 so i went back to work and got real sick ..been to drs blahhhhhhh...now there saying its anxiety and i agree but i have this pain in my belley the second i awake and vomit havent been able to hold anything down for 2 weeks now..im getting very week real bad anxiety do you think this has to do with my panic i do but i dont...im having a bad set back and keep praying for it to let up so i can live somewhat again im very sad about this cant stop crying[Sigh...]

Lozzie
27-02-06, 15:01
Hi Linda x

Welcome to the forum x

You will find lots of useful information and make great friends here

Laura

EebyJeeby
27-02-06, 15:11
Hi Linda,

You have come to the right place and will find a lot of support here. It sounds like your anxiety is quite acute at the moment and we all understand how upsetting, frustrating and tiring that is. The belly thing and the vomiting are common. What has the doc suggested?

There is a lot of info on this site about how to cope with anxiety which may help you, so have a good look around.

Eeb x

trac67
27-02-06, 15:28
Hi Linda,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alexandra
27-02-06, 15:31
Hi Linda,

Welcome to the forum.

I joined the site last week & have picked up some great advice & made lots of friends, as im sure that you will do to.

Take care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Piglet
27-02-06, 15:43
A big welcome to the site :D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Ma Larkin
27-02-06, 15:59
Hi Linda, has your GP ruled out IBS? My daughter suffered the same symptoms as you, turned out to be IBS which can be caused by stress & anxiety. She's on medication now & the vomiting stopped, but she had to change her diet. She wasn't a healthy eater (lived on MacDonalds!!) a typical teenagers diet, now she has to live on what she calls "rabbit food". Dairy products are a no go for her, she can't eat bread at all & she loved her toast in the morning. You don't have to live on "rabbit food", its just a case of eliminating foods that exacerbate the symptoms. If you eat a piece of toast then immediately feel sick, you know to cut out the toast. It might be worth a try. You must be worried sick. I keep getting bouts of plouresy, not as bad as pneumonia but probably as painful. I'm sure its linked to anxiety because i've never had it before until I started suffering fron panic attacks. Can you try some build up drinks maybe, just to get some proteins & vitamins inside you so you don't feel so weak.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Les

Lindalou64
27-02-06, 16:23
yes i did talk to dr just awile ago on phone.....why do they look at us like its just anxiety she told me last week i had to pull it together..wouldnt we all if they only had it i guess they would no this is just as bad as any other illness at the time of having an attack...she wants me to come in for some pills for my stomache and blood work but she said im sure its not that tho..uggggg!!!!!!!! i see my phychologist tomorrow im on klonopin i know no one can really reccomend a med but anyone have what i have and on a antidepressent that actually works[|)] thankyou all...Linda

Ammeg
27-02-06, 16:29
Hey linda,
maybe im not the best person to reply but thought i would!! i personally have had the worst experiences with meds and doctors and it got to a point where all me doc wanted to do was give me pills!! they work for lots of people but they can make others worse!! you should have a good talk through with your doc and make sure they understand how your feeling and tell them your meds arnt workin!! obviously im no professional but i think the least doctors could do is listen and try to make us happier!!
Ammegxxx

Alexandra
27-02-06, 16:30
Good luck with the physcologist tommorow Linda. Keep positive

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Meg
27-02-06, 16:37
Hi Linda

Both vomiting and tummy ache are very common with acute anxiety.

Its important to eat regularly just tiny amounts if necessary but at least something each 3 hours.

Do by all means read the IBS page on the home page and do continue to consult with your doctor

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
27-02-06, 19:15
Hi Linda

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to start by reading the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) and Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms) information.

Also have a look at the information about IBS here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=ibs)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

sueiamnew
27-02-06, 19:19
Hi Linda, welcome to the site.

krissie
27-02-06, 19:31
Hi Linda,

nice to mee you, I am Krissie and I suffer from depression and anxiety, welcome to the site!!!

take care
Krissie :)

of the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!!!

nomorepanic
27-02-06, 19:56
Hi Linda

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

lin
27-02-06, 20:52
Hi Linda

Welcome to the forum you will get lots of help and support.

linda x

sal
27-02-06, 22:48
Hi Linda

Thinking about you and it is a set back trust me it will get better. We are all here to help you through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

wobily_lin
27-02-06, 23:51
Hi Linda,

Welcome to the site. And good luck with the psychology tomorrow.

Take care,

Lin,
xxx