PDA

View Full Version : citalopram stopped working

wigglywoo12
26-08-10, 11:39
hi folks i have been on 20mg of citalopram for about 5 years now had some occasions when it got increased to 30mg through bad patches.i am going through a bad patch now and dr has increased them to 40mg i am just worried because i feel they have stopped working.will they start working again and if so how long does it take.when you get the sensation they have stopped working when you have an increase is it like going back to the start again and waiting 4-8 weeks before they kick in been on 40mg now for about 2 weeks

thankyou

annitsa
26-08-10, 13:01
usually when you change the dosage which you take for a long time it is like you are starting all over again but with less side effects. Don't worry. If it has worked for you once it will work again! It is very rare to stop working the medicine.

JT69
26-08-10, 20:35
Hi wigglywoo,

I dont want to paint a negative picture but felt I should tell you that I took citalopram for around 9 years and like you upped to 30mg when I had a bad patch and it did work until this last episode I had when I went up to 40mg but it didnt work for me...the anxiety was still coming through. It may well be different for you and I certainly hope so, but if not there are lots of other meds out there and one that will always do the job.

I wish you better days.

Jo.xx

wigglywoo12
26-08-10, 22:27
thanks jo

how long were you taking them for last when you realised they were not working?

thankyou

ps is there anything you would reccomend just in case