PDA

View Full Version : Hi all ! At Last

KevsHoping
26-08-10, 16:29
Hello all! After suffering in silence for well over a year - depression, anxiety and really horrible panic attacks I finally plucked up courage to go to the Doctors today and have been diagnosed with the above and given medication which I will start tomorrow morning.

Of course, I don't actually feel any better and I know I wont for some time but, this will sound weird, I kind of do feel better after a) doing something to sort this all out and b) finding this forum. :) Relief anyway that there may well be light at the end of the tunnel.

diane07
26-08-10, 16:30
Hi KevsHoping

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

radougalkins
26-08-10, 19:46
Hey :)

I'm new here as well and reading your post reminded me of myself a few months back. I'm really glad that you took the courage to go to your GP after all that time, it's one of the most difficult things, huh? But the feeling afterwards... it's such a great feeling! Though I was terrified to start taking medication, but I'm so glad I stuck it out.

It's been a hard few months but honestly, things do start getting better. I'm still stuck in the tunnel but seeing the light at the end... makes everything worth it.

Welcome and hope things go well for you ^_^

xx

andy404
26-08-10, 20:06
Hi,

I didnt go to the doctors for ages, I found it very hard to admit i had a problem, but plucked up the courage when things got really low. My GP helped has helped me a lot but mostly I think its been the meds and i'm sure they'll help you. Its good that you know they wont work overnight, just gotta give em time....:)

_Emma
26-08-10, 20:18
Hiya :) I'm pretty new here as well, I have the same problems as u, it's always a relief 2 know ur not alone, eh?! Doesn't make u any better, but helps 2 know there are others in the same boat who understand what ur going through! I suffered in silence when I had depression for the first 6 months, before finally going 2 the doctor. Managed 2 get better after about a year. Had a great 2 years, now I have anxiety problems which started in June, just when everything's going well, always the case, eh?! Anyway, just thought I'd say that ur problems sound very similar 2 mine, so feel free 2 pm me anytime :) Emma x

Vanilla Sky
26-08-10, 21:43
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

KevsHoping
28-08-10, 19:25
Thanks all ! Really great welcome and also makes it all that little bit easier. It is so hard to try to speak to people who don;t actually understand so being here on this forum is a God-send. XXXXX Kev

Belle89
28-08-10, 20:37
Hey Kev :)
It must be such a relief to have support from you doctor, something I haven't got the courage for at the mo so big respect to you for that!! And I agree, this place has been a god-send for me too!!
xx

KevsHoping
29-08-10, 18:56
Belle

It took me AGES to do it and my BIGGEST regret was me thinking for ages that it was a lack of courage. My Dr was great, understanding and made me feel relaxed.

I now look back and feel that it was a bit of fear - we are all entitled to that. Belle - this was only last Wednesday and doing that, being diagnosed and finding this site has made such a difference. Don't get me wrong - everything is still the same but there is HOPE - hence my nickname KevsHoping. Please try to do it.

Kevxxx

morningsong
29-08-10, 19:43
Hi. I'm new to the forum also. And I am so impressed with the quality of advice, information and support in one place. :welcome: :yesyes: on your visit to the GP - it really is the changing point in life :)

x

Veronica H
30-08-10, 12:38
:welcome:Kev. You will find great information, comfort and support here.

Veronicax

Pumasneakers
04-09-10, 21:45
hi friend , i'm new here , i think this forum it's very helpful for me.

paula lynne
17-09-10, 20:23
Hi Kev good to know you...:welcome: youll be fine with us, w:welcome:ere all in the same boat more or less...hope you feel better soon x,Paula

Fly away Katie
17-09-10, 20:58
Hello, and welcome to NMP x x x