PDA

View Full Version : Hi :)

_Emma
26-08-10, 16:46
Hey :) Just wanted 2 introduce myself, have posted a few times but never actually introduced myself, so here I go!

My name's Emma-Louise and I'm 23. I'm from just outside Glasgow. Off my work at the moment as suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia. Suffered from depression 3 years ago and had 2 leave uni because of it, got myself better through support, prozac and CBT, lead a happy life thereafter, went back to uni, but then in June this year started having panic attacks, anxiety and agoraphobia came from this. I am now like a recluse and feel trapped in the house. Have been signed off work and uni is supposed 2 start back in 3 weeks, I'd be going into 3rd year, so God knows what I'm gonna do about that :weep: Am taking citalopram at the moment and had my first session with a psychologist last week, but am just feeling really alone, fed up etc.

Would really like 2 speak 2 people who have experienced the same kind of thing, or who would like 2 talk more.

Emma xox

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 16:50
Hi _Emma

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

IHATEANXIETY
26-08-10, 17:34
Hi Emma I too am of work with anxiety at the moment. Having what everyone calls a 'blip'. It's so hard isn't it i know how you are feeling. Am here to talk anytime if it helps x