PDA

View Full Version : Hii everyone

lndnboy
26-08-10, 19:20
Hii, its good to be somewhere where there is like minded ppl

Well my story is, i started having panic attacks 9months ago, at first they was very bad(my whole body went numb and i coudnt move) but they wre gitting better through breathing techniques and reassurance.

However, i started getting anxiety, at times very scary, all sorts of symtoms from chest pains which i fought where heart problems to constant worry and dread which made me question my sanity

Im having anxiety symtoms more than ever(more than the occasional panic attack) and i think it all comes down to the thought is there something wrong with me, resaurannce always help and also keeping my mind of things however, sometimes i fell hopeless

Ive been to the g.p and explained my story, i was given citaplogran however i refuse to take them. Im waiting to start counselling, i think i have o.c.d at times because i am always obsessing about my mental health but nothing medically is confirmed

It will be good to hear from like minded storys and also meeting new ppl, cheers for your time....lndnboy

diane07
26-08-10, 19:21
Hi lndnboy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bobobob
26-08-10, 19:22
great, you have done it. Your own thread. Really want it to work for you. I can only send you encouragement and let you know people do look at these. All the best bob

_Emma
26-08-10, 20:25
Hey :) I'm Emma, nice 2 meet u! I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, but I really would advise u 2 take ur meds, totally up 2 u of course, but they do help. I am on 20mg's of citalopram, soon 2 b increased 2 40 as I felt like the 20 weren't really doing much for me. However when I had depression a few years ago, a combination of medication and cognitive behavioural therapy worked for me, so I'm hoping my med's will work again! U really should give them a chance :) Also I saw a psychologist for the first time last week and the first session really just consisted of her getting to know me, my history etc, but I am hopeful that it will work. Anyway, if u ever want 2 talk, feel free 2 pm me :) Emma x

Vanilla Sky
26-08-10, 21:42
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

lndnboy
26-08-10, 23:00
Thnx for the welcome, appreciate thee feedback