PDA

View Full Version : Angina fear

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 19:34
Couple of weeks ago i went to a and e thinking i had a heart attack they gave me a ecg and then waited each hour to carry out 3 of them to make sure... everything came out perfect...blood pressure abit high but thats normal for someone with anxiety etc...

anyway i have sometimes a pain on my left side kinda where my ribs are and burping sometimes helps it... i have pain in my chest still sometimes....

so my googling tells me this could be angina...

but wouldnt the ecg show it?

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 19:47
Can I ask where the pain in the chest is?

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 19:49
middle it can change tho....

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 19:58
Does it hurt or get worse when you breathe in at all?

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 20:20
not really... its worse after i eat or think about it...

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 20:23
Ok so it could be indigestion then.

Even though you don't think you have it it can give you chest pains.

My doctor gave me something to take for it if the pain gets bad.

It could also be muscular.

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 20:27
have you had a ecg?

would they show angina?

baileys
26-08-10, 20:28
Its probably acid reflux. I ended up in A&E last weekend with mid chest pains, it was so bad.
Acid reflux can feel like a heart attack, so the doc said, ive had it a while now but ive never had the chest pain before.

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 20:28
what did that doctor give you the pills from?

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 20:29
for*

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 21:15
I have had a heart attack so my ECG is abnormal anyway. Nowadays when I get chest pain it could be angina or could be muscular and/or indigestion.

I think angina is a narrowing of the arteries but an ECG may not always show this.

The doc gives me omeprazole for it.

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 21:20
ah... i hope i don't have it!? surley it would show some abnormal reading...

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 21:37
Well I just googled it to have a read and it says that an normal ECG may not show it but an exercise one may do.

They couldn't say for sure if my chest pain was angina or not so I guess it is hard to know. Personally I think mine was either indigestion or muscular.

baileys
26-08-10, 21:39
Did you read my post. If you are getting it after eating, like you said you did, it most probably acid reflux.
It can mimic heart problems, like mine does.

madeuprolemodel
26-08-10, 22:06
Sorry bailey i thought i replied! yes i looked at it and serisouly think that is it... but...... after reading all that i now think i have stomach cancer!?

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 22:12
No you don't have stomach cancer either.

Stop googling and trying to find something that isn't there. Go and see doc and get them to check you out for acid indigestion / reflux