PDA

View Full Version : Hello

trooper
26-08-10, 23:14
I dived in with several posts without really introducing myself.

I know everyone loves their own story, ours are always the most interesting aren't they? But i'll spare you mine.

What I will say is, I have experienced anxiety and associated depression since childhood and very badly since my teens.

Despite this I have lived a relatively normal life, run a business and some areas of my life are quite functional.

My anxiety levels are very high though, in the doctors alarm bells category. Although i have had it for so long now I sort of put up with it at a level that perhaps someone getting it for the first time would deem intolorable.

I guess that is why I called my self the trooper, because I just keep on, keeping on.

I'm in my 30's now, i see a psychotherapist twice a week and have just gone onto citalopram (third time lucky on anti depressants). I'm still positive, I still think I can find a calm place and have a content life one day.

Or at least get as many cheap drugs from the doctors as possible if I can't.

My business is going through some tricky times at the moment, so I may not be able to come on here as much as I would like.

But I'll try my best to offer as much advice and support as I ask for.

Cheers and get well soon one and all.

Tropper, London.

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 23:19
Hi trooper

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

maxfactor
26-08-10, 23:33
Hi Trooper,well done for staying positive its the best way as you have found out for yourself!
We all have our own cross to bare in this day and age,
Im new here too,Ive been using the positive approach like you too.

There,s no weeds in the garden,of course there is its like a forest!.
Denial is the best way ha ha !

Be positive in the Autumn the leaves will fall and big bushes will just be twigs.
Well fingers crossed unless someones ill or were skint then its hard to be positive!
Well nice to meet you and good luck X

Vanilla Sky
27-08-10, 22:11
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

trooper
29-08-10, 01:47

morningsong
29-08-10, 10:27
Hi Trooper..... that would be me too....:) just keep plodding away at it....sometimes successfully; other times not.... but one thing i do believe what doesn't kill you DOES make you stronger...... like you said yourself; your anxiety is at a level where someone who felt it for the first time would not be able to cope and yet you are coping with it everyday..... makes u a very strong person to fight that battle every day :D

I am in my thirties too and have suffered for years like you too. For me just having a title for what i was feeling for all that time helped me on my current path. I was not crazy; I just had a different battle to fight.

:hugs: