PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

nitnat77
26-08-10, 23:47
Hi everyone, having read through many of the posts a few moths back after my GP told me i am possibly suffering from cancerphobia, i have decided to post a little bit about myself. I am 32 (nearly 33) and i think I have been experiencing these feelings for about 18 months now! I have always thought from a fairly young age that I was going to get Cancer and that I was going to get it whilst i was young! I think the contributing factor to this is that my mother died from ovarian cancer aged 42, having not known my mother i know very little about her disease or how it started or was detected etc. So I feel i have made my own mind up regarding my own diagnosis. i started a new job around the time my fears began to get intense, I work for my local hospital in the Gynaecology dept, having seen many cases of cancers now, i now relate myself to them all. I am a natural worrier, and have been since i was a child, but I seem to think I am loosing all my rational thoughts, I now wake up each morning and the first thing I think about is cancer! I go to bed sick in the stomache after thinking about it all day, I feel every day that this is taking over my life and as each day goes on im finding it harder to cope with. Im hoping by talking to people with similar feelings it may help me to cope with my dreadful feelings.

Thanks to everyone that takes time to read this

Natalie xx

nomorepanic
26-08-10, 23:48
Hi nitnat77

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
27-08-10, 22:10
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x