PDA

View Full Version : im new -help me

katyfitz
27-02-06, 15:42
hi everyone im new to this site and i feel so alone i dont want to anymore so im looking for anyone or everyone to reasure me, the anxiety i experience is taking over my life completely and im worried im dying please peeps reply to this and tell me im not alone. my symptoms are constant lightheadedness, tension in neck and eyes like my eyes are sensitive and stiff a funny butterfly type feeling in my chest and my breathing is quite shallow. i have no idea how my panic and anxiety state happened can anyone explain what causes them, cause i fear i have an illnes and not ANXIETY

Piglet
27-02-06, 15:44
Welcome to the site :)

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Ammeg
27-02-06, 15:48
Hey katy!!
Welcome to the site!! your definatley not alone!!! anxiety and panic attacks can be caused by an event that has happened in your life or it can be something from childhood or basically there are sooo many reasons why!! Have you been to your doc? if so what did he/she say!! you are not alone and we all support help and reassure eachother!!
welcome to the site!
Ammegxxx

Alexandra
27-02-06, 15:54
Hi Katy

Welcome to the forum.

You are not alone there is plenty of help & support on site.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
27-02-06, 15:55
Hi Katy,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Try this link all about the anxiety symptoms and you will see what you are suffering with are all typical anxiety symptoms :

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

katyfitz
27-02-06, 15:55
they think it was the stress from my job. i worked where billy elliott the musical is showing and i worked sometimes 12 hours a day 6 days a week having 4 or 5 hours sleep a night and they think my body clock is messed up causing me to feel weak etc. my family doc of 11 years has been great he checks on me always and has done for the past 3 months he says there is no need to have an mri or ct scan as a brain tumour or blood clots arnt necesarry im scared i have one but who can i believe if i dont believe my doc he wouldnt jepordise his job surely? i banged my head in september and it came out in a bump maybe its the shock from that or i did get folowed home one night and he knoced on my door asking to be let in my heart was pumping and i felt faint since then i havent really felt right. does this make sense

Alexandra
27-02-06, 15:58
Stay calm & think positive. You are among friends here. You will find lots of advice which Trac mentioned, browse around the forums & will will pick up alot of useful things that maybe you wer'nt aware of before.

Take Care & keep smiling.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Meg
27-02-06, 16:44
Katy

You may be burnt out and exhausted from work along with some learnt fears collected along the way.

Read the website well and the First steps page and try to implement some of the advice.

You need to look after yourself as well as you can right now.

It doesn't sound like you have a dire illness so try to put your energies into addressing your fears

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

wendy
27-02-06, 18:21
Hi Katy
You have exactly the same symtoms as me! This site has helped me so much and I am sure will help you too
Wendy x

katyfitz
27-02-06, 18:33
i hope you are serious wendy when u say i have exactly the same symptoms, im so pleased ive found ya[8D]

sueiamnew
27-02-06, 19:04
Hi Katy and welcome to the site.

jondc
27-02-06, 19:09
Hi Katy i am new too, just joined today. i found reading some of the personal stories on the main page a help and made me feel reassured how i am not alone, although sometime it can feel that way!
The symptoms you describe are all common in panic attacks and are nothing new! I find its all about breathing, just take some time out for yourself and take slow breaths. i find that helps.

Karen
27-02-06, 19:40
Hi Katy

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

katyfitz
27-02-06, 19:41
thanks jondc[8D]

nomorepanic
27-02-06, 19:43
Hi Katy

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I hope we can offer you loads of support and good advice.

Nicola

floatlikeabutterfly
27-02-06, 19:50
hi everyone im new to this site and i feel so alone i dont want to anymore so im looking for anyone or everyone to reasure me, the anxiety i experience is taking over my life completely

That is a very normal feeling for anxiety sufferers 'in the thick of it'. How can you be expected to be interested in other things when you feel like you do?

and im worried im dying please peeps reply to this and tell me im not alone.

Assuming the doctor has given you the all clear, again a 'normal' symptom. It is hard to believe that something that is NOT life threatening can make you feel so bad. :-(

my symptoms are constant lightheadedness, tension in neck and eyes like my eyes are sensitive and stiff a funny butterfly type feeling in my chest and my breathing is quite shallow.

Very frequent symptoms in Panic sufferers

i have no idea how my panic and anxiety state happened can anyone explain what causes them,

Sometimes things 'just are'. Try not to dwell too much on the cause - it maybe something like diet or low blood sugar that has triggered them. Try to look after yourself and look for a path to recovery.

cause i fear i have an illnes and not ANXIETY

If the doctor has given you the all clear on other things, you must put your trust in his/ her judgement and move towards finding a cure for your anxiety.

If you have strong reason to believe you have something else wrong, could you seek a second opinion to allay your worry?

katyfitz
27-02-06, 20:01
thanks for that message makes alot of sense. i have been exactly thr same for 6 months if not better so i dont think i have an illness otherwise surely i would know about it by now but i do have doubts thanks everyone for your help

floatlikeabutterfly
27-02-06, 20:15
I thought I had a brain tumour because i couldn't believe 'anxiety could happen to me' and 'I couldn't believe I felt this way unless it was life threatening'.

lin
27-02-06, 21:10
Hi Katy

Welcome to the forum it's a great place to be when your
feeling :(

linda x

sal
27-02-06, 22:39
Hi Katy and welcome to the forum.

We are all here to help and support you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

katyfitz
27-02-06, 22:49
thanks for the support everyone

sal
27-02-06, 22:52
We are all here for you if you want to talk xxx

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

wobily_lin
27-02-06, 23:53
Hi Katy

Welcome to the site, Your in the right place.

Take care,

Lin,
xxx

Sue K with 5
01-03-06, 00:27
Hi Katy

Welcome to NMP! Wow thats long hours! I worked for a huge financial services company back in 1998 and I was working 12 - 14 hours a day as well as looking after a sick aunt during a very stressful period in my life.

Your not alone and you can overcome this with the right help and support

Glad you have found us

Take care for now

Sue with 5

scknight