PDA

View Full Version : periods!!!!

lorraine
27-08-10, 17:49
hi

im sorry to post about this again. Cannot get in to see the doc until thursday morning.

The thing is im really panicing now think i have overian cancer have googled no i should not of done it!!!!

The spotting that ive been having since ovulating on the 10th day has been going on the nearly 16 days now. It not all the time all day long just now and again when going for a wee once or even twice a day when i wipe have got this clear discharge with a pinky sort of blood in it. Have had this symtom for quite a while but never for this long so never worried about it. Usually lasts only 5/7 days.

sorry to go on about this need some reassurance.

Lorraine

margaret jones
27-08-10, 19:19
Hi Lorraine
What makes you think you have this disease ??? What age are you ?? The symptons you have can be lots of things are you on the pill ?? do you have smear tests ??

sorry that you are feeling so worried
Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

baileys
27-08-10, 19:31
Lorraine, im just a few years older than you and we can get all sorts of weird things going on with our periods in our 40s.
I remember a few years ago having all the symptoms that you have but i dont get them any more. Im just getting different ones now:doh:

lorraine
28-08-10, 08:54
hi

thanks for replies. I do have regular smear tests my last one was about 19mths ago. Im not on the pill or any hormonal drugs. The reason i think it could be overian cancer is i read that spotting thoughout the month could be early signs of the diesease, although i only seem to have that sympton.

thanks again for your replies and reassurance girls.

Lorraine

Ambers
28-08-10, 18:19
Hi,

If it helps, I am always spotting during periods, I actually had a period for 4 weeks - and I could feel something in the right area of my ovaries. I had thought the same as you and had tests done. It appears that there is nothing wrong but a small harmless cyst on my ovary - which is common. The doctor said bleeding can happen when you are stressed! I didn't know that? I think this all bought on my current anxiety problems...

Being a woman!!!???!!! Ho hum

lorraine
04-09-10, 18:48
hi

well i finally got to docs on thursday. Told him about my spotting and sore breasts he has told me to take vit E for sore breasts and that the spotting is all hormonal nothing to worry about.

sooooo pleased everything is ok.

Thanks for all your support on here.

Lorraine

debs71
04-09-10, 18:55
Hi Lorraine,

Glad everything worked out ok. I had this a few months back, with the spotting between periods, missed periods but all the symptoms of being on a period like niggly pains etc. I eventually had a transvaginal (internal) scan and was diagnosed with ovarian cysts which as Ambers said, are very common and usually disappear on their own without treatment. All in all it took a couple of months for the cysts to go on their own and my body to get back in sync as the hormones get all messed up from the cyts, so more often than not, these scary symptoms often have quite a simple explanation behind them!

xxxx:hugs: